WASN'T ANYONE ELSE LISTENING ???

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

WASN'T ANYONE ELSE LISTENING ???

Postby Spark » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:01 am

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE...............

The following is a narrative taken from Sunday Morning's
televised "Meet The Press'. The author is employed by none other than the Washington Post!!

From Sunday's 07 Sept. 2008 11:48:04 EST, Televised "Meet the Press" THE THEN Senator Obama was asked about his stance on the American Flag.

General Bill Ginn' USAF (ret.) asked Obama to explain WHY he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

The General also stated to Obama that according to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171...

During rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present (except those in uniform) are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Or, at the very least, "Stand and Face It".

Senator Obama replied:

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides". "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression."

"The anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all that sort of thing."

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS???

Obama said: "The National Anthem should be 'swapped' for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing'. If that were our anthem, then, I might salute it. In my opinion, we should consider reinventing our National Anthem as well as 'redesign' our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love. It's my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren. If we, as a Nation of waring people, conduct ourselves as the nations of Islam where peace prevails - - - perhaps a state or period of mutual accord could exist between our governments ."

When I become President, I will seek a pact or
agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts. We as a Nation have placed upon the nations of Islam an unfair injustice which is WHY my Wife disrespects the Flag and she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past".

"Of course now, I have found myself about to become the President of the United States and I have put my hatred aside. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path. My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First black Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America "

WHAAAAAAAT the Hell is that!!!

Yes, you read it right.

I, for one, am speechless!!!

Dale Lindsborg,

Washington Post
Spark
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby evasive » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:16 am

We have had the same discussions about our anthem and we still have the age-old song where it says we're from dietsen bloed (diets -> duits -> germany) and we're sworn to the king of Spain. It will all blow over once he finds out just HOW proud the US is of the national anthem... It is as simple as not re-electing him...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby fussnfeathers » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:47 pm

I actually kinda chuckle over the national anthem.........since the melody is a British drinking song. :o

Meh......Obama isn't much different from the other polical liberals I run into, including my sister and her husband. I've heard far worse from regular people, it's just that they're not in the news every day.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Roach412 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:52 am

fussnfeathers wrote:I've heard far worse from regular people, it's just that they're not in the news every day.

they also don't have any real ambition or (more importantly) ability to follow-through on their ideas either though... el presidente can.
:roll:
-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby AmEv » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:29 pm

And as for the bombs bursting in the air? That was us, in self-defense from oppression.

It might be my personal erspective, but when you research the facts, it makes sense.
I'm gonna get my new hardware. And my worklog here.
AmEv
Black Belt
Black Belt

Location: Wanting to be at these forums, but not as active as they

Postby tedybear » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:46 am

AmEv wrote:And as for the bombs bursting in the air? That was us, in self-defense from oppression.

It might be my personal erspective, but when you research the facts, it makes sense.

Why use facts? Most down in DC ignore fact based evidence and information and go with anything that gives them a "Warm Fuzzy Feeling" intended to garner support based on emotional responses.

S-
tedybear
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby AmEv » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:42 am

True.... It's becoming a place where "if you want to do it, do"
I'm gonna get my new hardware. And my worklog here.
AmEv
Black Belt
Black Belt

Location: Wanting to be at these forums, but not as active as they

Postby eunoia » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:59 am

eunoia
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby BrevCampagnolo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:24 pm

Bolshevik Hussein Obama, MMmmm MMmmmm MMmmmmmm.
-- Campy

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
- Popular Mechanics, 1949
BrevCampagnolo
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Return to The Hundred Year War