Search Engines

Discuss all aspects of programming here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Search Engines

Postby HelenDorathi » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:42 am

In totaling, search engines like Google have diminutive concentration in how your website gives the impression of being; their simply real interest is in the content you make available. For that motive, Google doesn't yearn for to download all the style in sequence connected with your Web Design Services website.

Not only would responsibility so mean the employ of additional of your bandwidth each time Google's sycophant robots appointment your site, it'd create it harder for Google to successfully set up and sort from side to side your content.

If you were inquired to discover a needle (the content) in a haystack (a mess of table tags), you'd obtain to a certain extent aggravated. If the spine was alienated from the haystack, you'd contain a much more enjoyable understanding, and obtain the complete torment over with in a much quicker era of time.

This would probable consequence in you appearing more constructively upon the someone who set you the task to do. It makes sagacity, right?

Well, that is no dissimilar with search engines. If you desire them to be fond of you, play by the guiding principle and you will be no-expense-spared over persons that do not.
HelenDorathi
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby fussnfeathers » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:49 am

Uh.............sorry, did you use Google Translate for that? That made zero sense.
Faster than the speed of snot

and for the million hours that we were....well I'll smile and remember them all, then I'll turn and go....
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby AmEv » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:45 am

(s)he probably did. That, other than Babelfish, is one of the few places to get some Engrish.

From what I could understand, they're wondering why search engines bring so much irrelevant results.
I'm gonna get my new hardware. And my worklog here.
AmEv
Black Belt
Black Belt

Location: Wanting to be at these forums, but not as active as they

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:11 pm

The search engines work first with "exact match" then "best match" for the search criteria input. You could use an exclusion (-) marker for specific fields, to narrow the results.

With any language conversions, the only proper way is to have the person know the final language in his/her native speech.. then converting the other language to that standard. Whenever a person converts their native language to another, the phonetics and geometry of speech can be carried over, causing parsing errors.
We should not fault a person for improper parsing of language translation.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby AmEv » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:45 pm

Karlsweldt wrote:Whenever a person converts their native language to another, the phonetics and geometry of speech can be carried over, causing parsing errors.
We should not fault a person for improper parsing of language translation.

You're right. What I was trying to say was essentially that.
I'm gonna get my new hardware. And my worklog here.
AmEv
Black Belt
Black Belt

Location: Wanting to be at these forums, but not as active as they

Postby fussnfeathers » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:12 pm

I know, I deal with kids from all sorts of languages on a game forum, but this post makes absolutely no sense at all.
Faster than the speed of snot

and for the million hours that we were....well I'll smile and remember them all, then I'll turn and go....
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby BrevCampagnolo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:34 pm

I understood perfectly. Dunno what the hell is wrong with the rest of you. Could be you're behind on Quaaludes.
-- Campy

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
- Popular Mechanics, 1949
BrevCampagnolo
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Return to Programming