Article suggestion...How to build a 1U server!

For discussions related to the main web site or the forum itself are now combined into one to clean things up a bit..

Article suggestion...How to build a 1U server!

Postby NobleOne » Mon Jun 10, 2002 5:03 pm

I am new to your site, but I would like to suggest that an article be written on "How to build a 1U/2U server". I have been searching the Internet for some time now, and still have not found a decent article on this topic. I see that you have an article on "how to build a PC", but perhaps an article specific to servers (1U/2U) and the related tricks of the trade would be a great addition to your "how to" novels.

Information to be included should be: the difference in choosing SCSI or IDE drives, an overview of RAID, "hot swapping" devices, where to buy components for 1U/2U servers (low profile components), and definitions of standard server terminology. Also a touch on the basic software needs for email serving, web hosting, etc would be GREAT!

I've purchased my own domain name, and plan to build a server for the static IP, so I can host my own site, provide long term free email for my site and it's users, and offer free web space to my users. I may also look into hosting game sites in the future, but I'm trying to start off w/ basic email/web space hosting for now. Now the question is, how can Motherboards.org and its members help me?
NobleOne
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

hhmm...

Postby NobleOne » Fri Jun 14, 2002 2:25 am

3 days and still no reply from admin or mod's....hhhmmkkkkaaayyyyy

Well I found some other articles online, but ofcourse since noone seemed to respond to my general forum post, I guess noone here is interested in 1U Servers...

Anyone who is, feel free to contact me:

Noblesworld@yahoo.com

Salute``
NobleOne

Nobility is NOT a birthright!!! It is earned through Honor, Integrity, and Sacrifice!!!
NobleOne
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Return to Motherboards.org Web Site