Half Life 2 problem

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:17 pm

Welcome to Motherboards.org, kayanat.
Would be best if you post your full system specs when having problems.
That would include any overclocking if done.
Memory problems can be of many faces.. and most will stem from one cause, that being the rated timings are exceeded. Whenever the bus speed that controls memory is above the rated limit, then paging will not be precise, and the OS must flush and repage until accurate.. or will do a "Kernel" or "System" memory dump, which is usually associated with a BSOD and an error message. That error message can be searched on the Web for an explanation.
It is always best to never scrimp on memory quality.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Re: Half life 2 problem. Help!!!!!?

Postby Deman Risu » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:28 pm

kayanat wrote:I started playing Half life 2:episode 2 and the game has been running perfectly fine until I get to one certain point. Every time I pass this one area my computer freezes and i get an error msg saying 0x10798f3f referenced memory at 0x0e41f3c0. Memory could not be "read." Any ideas of how to fix this because I can't get past this one point and im about to have an aneurysm.

This happened to me too - where it happens to me is when it saves. Turns out my lil' Eee PC 904HA can't run Source games. Try exiting the other programs or testing/replacing your RAM stick(s).
Deman Risu
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Previous

Return to Games