i need user's manual PLEASE hELP =(

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:22 am

The BIOS will have a control line for fan speed monitoring. If no fan is connected to those mobo headers, change the monitor status to "ignore" for that header. The CPU fan should have a speed sensor lead. If not, the monitor status for it should also be set to "ignore".
If the "ignore" setting is not available, then a "n/a" should be!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby jxdesign » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:43 am

The only line in the BIOS I see that concerns fans is "fan idle mode" in Power on options. It is set to 1.
jxdesign
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:27 pm

jxdesign wrote: It is set to 1.

That would mean the BIOS has control over the fan's operation. The number zero or "0" means an off state, and the number one or "1" means an on state.. with computers and other machinery controls.
If there are no other option choices, then that is the status of the control.
Someone, somewhere, must have the OEM (supplier) manual for this mobo.. with the pages about BIOS settings. But if the mobo is issued to another branded company, how many of the original features were deleted?
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Audio

Postby slimmyslim » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:22 am

i know this post is old but i'm having issues getting the sound to work on this motherboard. I have the proper drivers from hp's website and they install fine but I get no sound. Tried all of the ports but I get nothing... I have the asus p4sd mobo with the soundmax onboard audio. Any help is appreciated.
slimmyslim
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Check the manual for mobo jumper settings and the header set for the front panel audio. If you do not use the front panel audio, then jumpers are to be set on pins 5~6 and 9~10. This will enable the rear panel jacks for audio.
If the speaker icon is seen in the SysTray box, and when you double-click that icon to bring up the control panel, ensure all features are not muted. If there is an 'advanced' tab on the panel, click it to bring up the tone controls. There may be a small tic box near the bottom, for enabling digital audio output. If your speakers are not digital in nature, then ensure the box does not have a check mark.
You can also check the Control Panel/System icon, then Hardware/Device Manager. For the sound or audio feature, there should be no warning marks or splatzes.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Knob » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:27 am

[quote="JanH"]I made a map of the board so I could figure out where everything is without a microscope. If anyone else wants it, here's a link to a hi-res image of it:
[/quote]
Ahh thanks, I've just bought a used P4SD and I'm trying to get it to boot.
What are the "Boot Block" P14 and "Hood Sensor" P125 functions? (and do I need to strap them to get it to boot?)
Thanks again,
Clem
Knob
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby JanH » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:22 am

I didn't have to jumper Boot Block or Hood Lock to get mine working. The only jumper I needed was Front Audio (to get the rear audio Line Out jack to work). But I think these boards aren't all exactly the same.

In the end, the only problem I had with mine was a defective case fan socket, which wouldn't make a fan spin but would detect that no spinning fan was connected to the socket. So the system wouldn't continue booting after POST until I pressed F1 to say that I know there's no case fan spinning from that socket and I want to boot anyway.
JanH
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:35 am

The BIOS should have a page concerning "CPU Health" where you may also find controls to monitor fans. This fan monitor feature may also be on another BIOS page. Any fan port not used should be set to "ignore" when not in use, or no monitor lead is on the fan. Only the port for the CPU fan should be monitored, unless the video card also uses a similar on-board port. The Northbridge cooling fan likely will have a 3-wire connection to a power port. That should be monitored.
Best is to use those on-board fan power ports only for device card/feature use and use direct leads from the PSU to any case fans.
That "Hood Lock" feature may be otherwise known as or referred to as an intrusion detector. The mobo manual will detail its use. A specific key combo may be required to reset that feature, if tripped.
Many BIOS types have a "quiet" feature for system fans, causing them to slow their speed unless extra cooling power is needed. We sacrifice good service life for quiet operation, with some designs.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby JanH » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:19 pm

The BIOS settings for this board are very minimal, and they don't include anything on disabling case fan detection.

As discussed before, the board was custom made for a specific Compaq machine, a Small Form Factor model, and obviously it wasn't intended to take a lot of expansion or to offer a lot of setup options. There's no motherboard manual; only a manual for people who bought the finished system from Compaq.
JanH
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Knob » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:49 am

I got the P4SD up and running thanks for the help folks. Only thing not working is the front USB.
I'm sure I've got the connectors in the right order for an Asus board but
no-go.
Anyone got this working on a P4SD?
Thanks .... Clem
Knob
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

PreviousNext

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum