Update! Sorry guys, but I have been sick. I still a bit something something going on, but for the most part I feel better. Blowing my nose, coughing s@#$ up like crazy, sinus headaches you name it! So I did really get much done this past weekend. So here's what I got. You guys should of seen some of the stuff coming out my nose! Looked,...
Kind of like this! America Runs On Dunkin! So does mold! It amazing how each cup looks different. Like theres different molds or something. I,m pretty sure its all the same mold just at different stages. Anyways,...
I sold a couple of reservoirs and with that money I got some shelving! Its about time! I mean I could of bought shelving at anytime but I was just to bust for it. But seeing how I was sick and not feeling like being precise,... I spent the day cleaning instead.
So much more room. I want to get two more of the same shelving and put them ontop of the ones you see here. I have 12' ceiling so it would fit! LOL. Of course I would have to have multiple anchors in the wall to make sure it doesnt topple over.
I have a floor.
You guys like my box of bandaids?!?! LOL.
Anyways,... time to test out the tube shaft jig thing. I cut up the rest of my 2.5" tubing. I got 19 bodies of the two standard sizes. That would be 3.5" and 7.5" even though the reservoirs im selling now have 8.5" bodies. I changed to 7.5" because I felt liek they were just a tid bit to big. So yeah. The over length now is 8" instead of 9". For the little one it will be 4". Those are good standard sizes.
I have to get the ends to look like this:) So nice. No chips and straight!
Boom. Done. 7.5" Complete.
Very nice finish. I can buff that to a somewhat good shine but I dont think I will. I will just leave it like that. Theres a reason. I'll explain later.
3.5" bodies complete.
An army! 38 reservoirs. Actually 36 but one of ach is an extra just in case I goof. What I am going to do with these,... I dont know yet. I might make them all sFX reservoirs. Im not sure yet because that would be a S@#$ load of work! They would look sweet though.
This is how I cut the ends. I loaded up a tube. I didnt have to make a clamp to hold the tube firm. The tubes fit snug enough that they didnt turn while cutting. I did notice how some tubes were a lot looser than some of the others. So I was seperating them and removing/ adding tape so they all fit snug. you will notice that I have to make a spacer for the top of the shaft. I'll show you what thats for in a sec,..
You stick the bottom end of the shaft in the bearing first.
You then tilt it over so the top is right under the chuck.
You then insert the top of the shaft into the chuck, tightening the chuck around the shaft.
Heres what the spacer is for. Everytime you put it in the chuck the spacer must touch the chuck. This way you know the shaft is always in the same position each time you remove and install it again.
This is how I cut the top of the 7.5" tubes. Kind of ghetto but it works.
Now that they are all done I will put them away so I can start the ends.
Baam. Not enough 3/4" acrylic. I got 32 pieces right here. thats 16 reservoirs. I need more! I have to order some. I'll put this away for now and work on something else,...
Like the stuff I promised Cheapskate!!! ARGH! Dude,... these came out pretty good. I made these lathe bits from regular steel rod. Im impressed. I didnt test them but I am sure they work just fine. That is if cheapy uses them right. LOL. Dont kill yourself man.
so what im going to do,... is order some more material. while im waiting for that,... I am goingto continue working on Qhs's reservoirs. that has been on hold for a while. I am actually thinking I will finish that before moving on with this new batch of reservoirs. After this batch I think I will start on Blackout again. And prototype a new reservoir I am dying to show you guys.