Toby B. wrote:The only thing is that laptops for the most part are not repairable or upgradeable by the basic user. Any repairs, etc that would be done on a portable can be covered in the already existing forums.... Since most issues that arise are something that needs to be brought into a factory repair facility or is OS related....
Dead laptop.... Things to do first....
1) Does it charge from the mains - if not try another charger
2) Remove battery and switch on with no mains plugged in...
3) Reseat the RAM
4) Remove the hard drive
5) Remove any peripherals inc mini PCI or PCI-e cards
Most common issues are:
1) Dead mains charger
2) Broken internal mains socket
3) Dead hard drive
4) Uncharged or dead battery
These will prevent a laptop from POSTing....
Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot [Bot] and 0 guests