Command & Conquer: The First Decade__UoF-Patch(1.03)+Bat

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Command & Conquer: The First Decade__UoF-Patch(1.03)+Bat

Postby joe_devore » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:55 pm

Where to begin... Up until this point in time we have had C&C:TFD installed on all our PCs (at Gaming Center), BUT only Generals and Renegade have been functional.

{C&C:Tiberian Dawn} :: Totally locks up on video animation sequences
{C&C:Red Alert 1} :: Same
{C&C:Red Alert 2} :: Same
{C&C:Tiberian Dawn} :: Severe Stuttering in the Video sequences, including the intro sequences...

This is no surprise considering the code was never really updated to work on the newer OSs and Hardware?

With the help of the Command & Conquer Forums they gave me the basic answer and solution to the problem.

Lowering the sound Hardware Acceleration to {None} Does the trick. The next level up {Basic Acceleration} also *seems* to work.

The other Problem is they don't like Multi-core systems (We have Intel PentiumDs :roll: ), for this Problem (with there help for pointig out the app^^) I have created a batch file to handle it. ^^

example:{C&C95.exe}
Code: Select all
c&c95.bat
{
ForceCore.exe 1 "c&c95.exe"
}

The only problem that remains (For this Temp fix, updating the code would be best) is how to add command line script to the batch file that can set the Audio Hardware Acceleration Level to 0 or 1, and return it to full when the game exits (Which will probably be in another batch file), if it can be done? Which is the reason why I have returned to the Greatest PC forum on Planet today.^^

Is there anyone that can help with this?

I was thinking something like this:
{
rundll32.exe directx -audioacc 0
ForceCore.exe 1 "c&c95.exe"
when{"c&c95.exe"=exits} do{rundll32.exe directx -audioacc 3}
}

Links:
C&C > Unofficial First Decade Patch 1.03 Released!
C&C TFD: Forums where I'm posting on the subject.
Command & Patch - Unofficial (v1.03) patch

Common Problems (Updated 02/01/2009) This is Where I'm currently posting on this Batch file Topic.

K's Programming and more (Home of the ForceCore App)
joe_devore
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby joe_devore » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:18 pm

OK..... I still wanted to find a Cooler method like what I was asking here...

but we came up with a registry fix.
Code: Select all
-- Disable, Set to "Basic Acceleration"
C:\>reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Hardware Profiles\Current\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\HDAUDIO\PCI_Vendor_ID\#String\DirectSound\Mixer Defaults"
/v Acceleration /t REG_DWORD /d 15 /f

-- FULL, Disable, Set to "Full Acceleration"
C:\>reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Hardware Profiles\Current\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\HDAUDIO\PCI_Vendor_ID\#String\DirectSound\Mixer Defaults"
/v Acceleration /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
joe_devore
Green Belt
Green Belt

Return to Games