Thecus N5200BR NAS Server Review

For discussions related to the main web site or the forum itself are now combined into one to clean things up a bit..

Thecus N5200BR NAS Server Review

Postby ollE » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:50 pm

ollE
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

M3N78 Pro Motherboard is Junk

Postby TE5LA » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:04 pm

I bought this Asus board and it died after only 5 months. A small capacitor was broken. I sent it back to Asus for warranty and they refused to warranty it due to some very small cosmetic scratches on the board. They wanted to charge me $90 to repair a 35-cent capacitor, which I could easily do myself if I had the part. They wouldn't even send me the part to do it myself.

My advice is to stay away from Asus product because they don't stand behind them. I replaced the board with one from Gigabyte (same price range) and you can tell right away the superior quality of the Gigabyte product.

This highly magnified photo is my board with the broken cap and "scratches" that voided the warranty. Keep in mind that these caps are about 1/8" across.

I wrote Asus and asked if they would at least send me the 35-cent capacitor. They refused.

[Edit] Not sure why this ended up here as I replied to a review on this Asus M3N78 Pro motherboard.
TE5LA
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Return to Motherboards.org Web Site