crysis warhead

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

crysis warhead

Postby cwl157 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:44 am

Anyone tried it yet? I just downloaded it from steam and except for the very annoying gamespy thing that tries to install every time you start it (but can be fixed by moving a file) and the annoying intro videos that can't be bypassed (again it can be fixed by moving the video files) i like it. I have just been playing the single player so far. I have not tried the multiplayer yet just the single player. Anyone else have any thoughts about it?
cwl157
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby RockyAMD » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:26 pm

Crysis single player was pretty good, but multiplayer wasn't that great.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 3.8ghz
8800 GTS 640MB
Crucial Ballistix 2GB DDR2 800
Gigabyte DS3R
RockyAMD
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby iamwhoiamtoday » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:30 am

I have played and beaten Crysis Warhead, and... I mean, it wasn't Bad, but it wasn't good either. It really felt like a "we want your money game" so the quality just wasn't there.... also, in the vast majority of the press releases, I kept hearing "it runs better now" which I didn't see... I had to drop the settings quite a lot to get it to run properly. It's also 32-bit only, whereas the origional crysis could run natively in 64-bit mode. (yes, I complain about the engine more then I do about the gameplay, I know) I also didn't like the "Cut Scenes" from outside of Phyco's perspective, it was kinda annoying... and nothing like the style of the origional Crysis. Parts of the gameplay were fun, parts were far from fun, parts of the "new" storyline just didn't make any sense at all (well, not "New" storyline, just the events only happening to Phyco)

it just felt like a "we want your money, so here is a crappy knockoff of a good game using the same engine" Fear + it's expansions anyone?
People who have gone through Starfleet academy should be taught how to fix everything. Even a Roman aqueduct.
iamwhoiamtoday
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to Games