Reduced folding this week

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Reduced folding this week

Postby wullger » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:22 pm

My folding is likely to decrease or drop off altogether this week. Going to be shutting down the servers I run folding on, since they're non-production machines. If we should end up running on generator power due to Gustav, I don't want to be running anything non-essential. Not to mention, if we lose any hardware, they will be first on the list to be used as replacements.

Hurricane Gustav forecast model tracks as of this morning at 12:00AM, and pushpins showing what sites we have in the way :(

What a great week to move apartments and have a job as a data backup/DR admin! ::sarcasm::

http://www.phoenixascendant.com/Gustav_Track_0000_083008.jpg
wullger
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Myth » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:51 am

Stay safe!

Good luck with your move. Yeah, great timing. I've moved in a huge snowfall so I know how weather can really ruin an already miserable event.
Myth
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Pette Broad » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:40 am

Yeah, take care. It's just been upgraded to Cat 4 according to the latest news here, not good.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7589299.stm

Pete
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:55 am

Don't worry about the F@H operations or equipment. Lives cannot be replaced.. all else can.
There won't be any true knowledge of where Gustav is headed, until at least 12 hours before landfall. Nature is fickle.. and may cause the track to veer off either East or West at a moment's notice. But being prepared for the worst is the best scenario.
Live tracking of Gustav can be found at Weather.com as well as www.nhc.noaa.gov/ . And there is another large storm (tropical, at present) called Hanna which bears watching!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby wullger » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:54 am

Ramping production back up now :D
wullger
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team