The Mother Board
XFX GeForce 8200 Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Web Site
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GodSquirrel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: XFX GeForce 8200 Review Reply with quote

Read about it here.
willyab
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey godsquirrel, I just got a reply from XFX asking about using a x4 9950 cpu on this board. their reply was that "The X4 9950 is not supported by the 8200 motherboard. You will need to stick to 9w watt or lower socket AM2/AM2+ processors."

I noticed that you used a 9850 processor on you test. Did you have any problems with it getting hot? Any thoughts as to their vague reply?

Thanks!
ben2207
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi as the author of that review I should indicate that I was able to use the several 8200s I've tested with the 9850 without problems including XFX and EVGA. No issues as to heat though the board did heat up to 49C. Onething to note, that other 8200 boards including Asrock (um did I dare say that name?) support the 9950. Note, however, that I cannot guarantee it'll work as I've had a few 780G boards not work with the CPU.
willyab
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply!!

So for my board specifically, XFX Geforce 8200 mobo, you feel that the 9850 will work w/o any issues. I'm running a X3 8450 right now and want to bump it up to a quad. I was just wanting to get the highest rated one I can with that board. Is there a cpu cooler that you recommend with the 9850?
gothboy8149
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: GeForce 8200 mGPU AMD AM2 Motherboard MIA78S8209 Reply with quote

hi, i read your test set-up pages and you state that the motherboard can handle 32gb, when i got mine it said that max memory was 8gb. Can my motherboard take up to 32gb as yours says? Any help would be grateful

MAtt
ibrahim
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a geforce 8200 mobo but it wont power up it only has a athlon 5000 dual core 1 gig memory but it wont even power up i got a 425watt psu it that enough or what it the recommended
simonmorrison23
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got the feeling that the review was biased. although it was a good read. no offense though. i just thought it could be much more better if there's an alternative to the item, just to serve up the options of the reader and potential buyer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Web Site All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: