Looking for a viable cooler for my p5n72-T deluxe board

CPU Cooling tricks and techniques.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Looking for a viable cooler for my p5n72-T deluxe board

Postby MCHAWKING » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi all

I just built a new computer with my friends and after running it for a few days with the stock intel heatsink I have decided I need to get a better heatsink for my Q9450. My case is a Antec P180 MidTower, and as I mentioned in the title, I am using a P5N72-T Deluxe board, which has a lot of heatsinks on it, and I am worried that they might interfere with whatever cpu cooler I end up buying. I was hoping to get the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 b/c I have heard great things about it, especially for the price, but I was hoping before I did that to get confirmation from someone on this board that everything would fit ok. I really do not want to have to remove any of the heatsinks from my mobo as I would really prefer just to get a heatsink that will fit right on there with no hassle and give me decent cooling effects for a decent price (30 dollar range).

If anyone has this mobo and can suggest a cpu heatsink or if you know a good one and are very confident it would fit in my setup please let me know.

Thanks for your time.
MCHAWKING

Return to Cooling Tips and Tricks