Assassin's Creed Issues!

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Assassin's Creed Issues!

Postby Snowfire » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:08 am

I know it's kind of a Tech Support issue, but since it's a game... I figured it might be better here...

Bah! I just installed the game tonight finally (been trying out Lord of the Rings online and kept forgetting to install and try AC!), and everything went fine with the install. I go and start up the launcher, it updates, all is good.

I go to start up the DX10 launcher, plays through the intros and such, and we get to a Blue-ish Teal Screen... That's it... Nothing else is showing... I know I've had some DX10 problems with Crysis even, so I figure I'd try the DX9 launcher.

Start it up, plays through the intros, Menu screen. It's all there (though I note that it seems the game doesn't seem to have an exit game feature? Alt+F4 only?) ! I then create a profile, boost the graphics settings, and start up a game. Get to the first scene/cutscreen and just see the area. I figure that it's part of the game and keep watching. I do note however that the camera seems to rotate as if it's going around something on the screen, but I don't see anything! I find that quite odd, but press on none the less... Get to the "lab" scene, and I can see the room fine, I can hear everything fine, but there's no one there...

That's right, it's not loading in the characters and (as I found when walking through part of the street area in that first part of it) objects like the wood part of the food stands...

I've been trying to look around, but I can't find anyone with this same problem or with a fix anywhere! It's fully updated, I have the latest drivers for my 8800GT (175.16), and I easily pass the recommended requirements for the game... What's going on?

Ideas? Comments? Similar issues?

~Edit~ I took a screencap of what I'm seeing in that city street in the first part... Should speak for itself...

Tono Sien

Love is the greatest conspiracy, by the most loving genius.
Snowfire
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Deputy1515 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:08 am

Issues with DX10? I dont believe it. LOL... Just Kidding. May be a bad install. I have the same video chipset and have experienced no issues. Who is the card's manufacturer? What are the rest of the system specs?
Deputy1515
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Snowfire » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:54 pm

Well, It's an XFX GeForce 8800 GT 512MB, I'm also running an Intel Core 2 Duo E6750, G.SKILL 4GB (2x2G) DDR2 800, and a Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music sound card...

Well, I never got any errors during install, but I suppose I could try re-installing just for kicks... :?
Tono Sien

Snowfire
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Snowfire » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:06 pm

Got it up and running, looks like the update does something funky and causes it not to display the characters! Been playing just fine for the past hour or so, and so far, it's pretty good!
Tono Sien

Snowfire
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Deputy1515 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:20 am

Good to hear. Thanks for letting us know you got it up and running. Enjoy.
Deputy1515
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to Games