Folding Quad

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Folding Quad

Postby dougsherwood1320 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:59 pm

I have the "bugs" out of my newest system and have it folding 4 WU's at a time. I can only run it about 16hrs per day, sometime less, to reduce energy consumption since our AC runs 24/7. It is 116 degrees (F) as I type this :o and AC is priority. I live in Yuma, Arizona and we have seen triple digits through most of June. The current heatwave does not effect my system since it is in a room that stays about 72F all the time.

It is dual boot using 2 separate RAID 0 pairs. Running Win XP on one raid 0 pair and Win Vista64 on the other. 2 more drives (a total of 6 500gb drives in this rig) are used as storage.
An Intel CORE 2 QUAD and Intel Extreme edition MOBO handle the chores.
4 120mm fans and 6 80mm fans, keep things cool. May switch to liquid cooling in the near future. The rest is top of the line stuff.
A photo will soon be posted. At any rate I am folding this system along with about 5 others to their max. Should start seeing some decent numbers soon.
The stats are down at this time, so I will post PPD as time permits.
SOME THINGS MUST BE BELIEVED TO BE SEEN

MEMBER- MOTHERBOARDS.ORG FOLDING TEAM
>>>>>>>>>1,000,000 POINTS<<<<<<<<<
dougsherwood1320
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:46 pm

Your "magic wand" is working great!! :D

For your area, A/C is your salvation, more than heating fuels. But it still gets cold "down there".
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Myth » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:03 am

Does it cool down enough at night to turn a/c off?

When I lived at my parent's house (NW Phoenix) my mom use to do that even into June. Open around 10 pm and close them up tight around 9 am. She can't do that very much anymore. There has been too much development (concrete / blacktop) added over the years to the miles of what use to be open desert around their neighborhood. It's amazing what land development does to the temps.

You are a lot farther south though. Not sure if you get as much of the desert cool down at night.
Myth
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team