New w/u's turned in as anon...not credited to me!

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

New w/u's turned in as anon...not credited to me!

Postby Eddie2001 » Fri May 30, 2008 8:18 pm

Hi all,

My new machine just turned in its first two work units (dual core) but when checking with fahmon, it shows both w/u credited to anon!! I am using the non-graphical client and I don't know how to fix this error, or if it can be. I.E., how does one start the config program to check and see what happened??? When I first installed it, I went through the whole process and input my user name and MB team number, but obviously it didn't take.

I have stopped folding for now...no sense wasting power and time if it isn't going to be credited properly!

There is a reason I much prefer the graphical client as opposed to the DOS one...much easier to work with and set up.... ;)

Thanks

Eddie
Eddie2001
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby whiteboy » Sat May 31, 2008 3:57 am

right click on the tray icon--->go up and click on configure.
first tab shows the user info. type you name in the user box and for team number use 33258.
Amd Phenom 9500 Quad on a ECS a770m mobo
4 gigs ram
ATI Radeon x1950pro w/1 gig ram video card
2 250 gig samsung sata HDs
2 lite on sata dvd burners
all in a raidmax blue neon case running Vista64
total cost under $600 built march 2008
whiteboy
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby Eddie2001 » Sat May 31, 2008 5:34 am

There is no icon in the tray - I was running the DOS version. However, I deleted it and was going to try the GUI version. However that doesn't work right either....I thought with a dual core CPU I could run 2 instances but when I try to start #2, it says a copy is already running and it quits.

I have a separate folder for each (F@H-1 and F@H-2) - what else needs to be done??? This is getting rather frustrating now ;)

Thanks...

Eddie
Eddie2001
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby whiteboy » Sat May 31, 2008 6:08 am

create a shortcut in each folder of the fah.exe file. right click the shortcut and click on properties. in the target box add the -configonly flag at the end. it should ask for you name and team at the beginning. when you get to advance options select yes. towards the end it ask for machine id. change it to 1 and in the other folder change it to 2. after it runs it config go back into the shortcut properties, replace the -configonly flag with the -local flag. the local runs it out of the folders and not from the registry where it getting confused with both running. also if its dual core try the smp version...they take longer but you get more points. plus you only need 1 running not 2
Amd Phenom 9500 Quad on a ECS a770m mobo
4 gigs ram
ATI Radeon x1950pro w/1 gig ram video card
2 250 gig samsung sata HDs
2 lite on sata dvd burners
all in a raidmax blue neon case running Vista64
total cost under $600 built march 2008
whiteboy
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat May 31, 2008 4:56 pm

Shut down the process for each F@H program. Go to the folder for each, and run the command [FAH504-console -configonly]. Make what changes are needed. Ensure that your desired user name is noted, as well as the team #.
Once done, the changes will be set. You cannot change the configuration file while the process is running.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Daft Ada » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:48 am

What version of windows is it and were are the folders?

If you're running Vista and trying to access a sub-folder from a system folder you could be being denied access. If it's Vista, try the "Run as administrator" option on the Windows context-menu by right-clicking on the Folding icon.
Daft Ada
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby boheemee » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:27 am

Also.......You cannot run 2 Graphical clients at the same time....if you want to run 2 instances of folding at the same time, one or both of them has to be the console version. In other words, you can run a Graphical Client and a Console Client at the same time, or 2 Console Clients at the same time, but...you can't run 2 Graphical Clients at the same time.
boheemee
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Eddie2001 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:33 am

Thanks boheemee...that was key. I did not know you could not run 2 GUI's at once! I did re-install the DOS version and it apparently is working fine now. Already got a couple of small w/u's turned in and with proper credit...

Thanks!

Eddie
Eddie2001
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby ThEvil0nE » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:15 am

:mb_thewave:: Go Eddie!!! :mb_thewave::

good job 8)
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree