360 LIVE points cards - :(

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

360 LIVE points cards - :(

Postby GodSquirrel » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:48 am

like the ones you buy with 1600 or 4000 points. be warned, the "scratch off" area on the back, one good scratch across it i completely removed the number as well as the covering.. $20 bucks wasted. The ink used on the cards doesn't stick well enough for a scratch off. After talking to several friends online, this wasn't just a freak occurrence, quite a few people have this problem. I thought i would save a few bucks by buying it at the store since it's tax free there, but i learned my lesson. Makes me wonder how much money microsoft has made off points that never get used anywhere.

anyone else get this or know anything that can be done?
GodSquirrel

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:26 pm

Best is to use a coin that has a dull edge.. or the back of a fingernail.
Each of those "lotto" cards will have a bar code to verify authenticity if a winner.. or looser. By checking the bar code against the master list, you could prove the card was indeed a winner, even if the print failed to stay on the paper. Just a bad print job by the supplier!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby ssamurai26 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:56 pm

Sorry to hear about this, but thanks for the heads up.
Is it really cheaper to buy the cards than it is to just buy the points online?
"He o hitte shiri tsubome" - (There is no use scrunching up your buttocks after a fart)

Abit KN9 Ultra
AMD X2 3800
Corsair DDR2 2X2GB
HIS Radeon 4670 1GB
Intel SSD
150GB Raptor
1TB WD Green X3

(hooked up to new 100M FTTH line)
ssamurai26
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby GodSquirrel » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:48 pm

the only price difference is that if you buy them online you pay sales tax, if you buy them in the store you don't. aside from that it is the same exact price.

i still have the card, when i get the chance i'm going to call up microsoft and see what the deal is. the card has anotehr serial number on it, so maybe something can get done. regardless of the outcome i'll post it here.
GodSquirrel

Postby ssamurai26 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:07 pm

How about an update?

I also had a problem with M$ points recently, which reminded me of this post (wow, the game forum is so dead these days).

When BCR came out, I immediately tried to add more points to my account online so I could buy it. Nothing. It just wouldn't work. I've done this plenty of times before and it worked fine. So I went to the site on my PC, checked my CC status, it said everything was fine. I tried to buy points from the website and still nothing. Said invalid CC account. I checked the status again, still said everything was fine.

I then made the huge mistake of ordering a point card (with the same CC by the way) from Amazon.co.jp, and told them to deliver to my office so someone would be sure to be there to receive the package.

The package arrives, and when I get home I try to add the points to my account. FAIL! I did not know the points are region coded, which blows chunks! So now I have a more or less useless card that I spent like 4500 yen on.

Next thing I do is try once more to order the points online from my 360, and of course it works fine... WHY? Useless M$ BS.

I can now kinda use the points from the Japanese card I ordered too, because they seem to work from any account on the console. I just created a silver account all in Japanese and buy things with that account, then I can use them on my gold account. One problem with this method is that the Japanese marketplace on Live SUCKS. There are about 5 videos in it, and nothing anyone would want to watch.

I just can't believe how crappy the whole experience was. My 360 is a Japanese unit, purchased in Japan, region set to Japan, language in English, points purchased in Japan do not work. Useless
"He o hitte shiri tsubome" - (There is no use scrunching up your buttocks after a fart)

Abit KN9 Ultra
AMD X2 3800
Corsair DDR2 2X2GB
HIS Radeon 4670 1GB
Intel SSD
150GB Raptor
1TB WD Green X3

ssamurai26
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby evasive » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:38 am

M$ giving away things. Not in this lifetime...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby ssamurai26 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:39 pm

evasive wrote:M$ giving away things. Not in this lifetime...

Huh? Giving away? That experience cost me $50

Abit KN9 Ultra
AMD X2 3800
Corsair DDR2 2X2GB
HIS Radeon 4670 1GB
Intel SSD
150GB Raptor
1TB WD Green X3

ssamurai26
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Return to Games