Removing the front bezel from an LCD TV

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.

Removing the front bezel from an LCD TV

Postby Thrustwyn » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:57 am

Hi -

I am contemplating stealthing an LCD TV behind a 1-way mirror for my current bathroom reno, and one of my current issues is getting the screen of the TV as close to the back of the glass of the mirror as possible.

Most LCD TVs do have some variety of front bezel. I am thinking that if I remove it, then I can mount the TV screen more or less flush against the back of the mirror.

Any thoughts/concerns/issues/suggestions that people may have on doing this? I am trying to select a TV with a flat front bezel, and one that does not have an abundance of controls protruding through it. If it is just a plastic rim, I figure that with some care, I could pop it off.... :wink:
Thrustwyn
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby greytrains » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:58 am

The biggest problem I see is that removing any of the case would void the warranty.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
Gerald Ford (1913 - 2006)
greytrains
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Thrustwyn » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:37 pm

True enough, although I am pretty much resigned to that.

Anyone have any experience with this type of thing - any problems I should expect...?
Thrustwyn
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Return to System Modification