motherboard selection help

Not sure what to buy? Ask here for some free advice.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

motherboard selection help

Postby itz_rob » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:47 pm

hello,

i have decided to go with a AMD 64 X2 5400+ cpu, i primarily want to build a gaming rig, what should i look for in a motherboard, any motherboard suggestions?...my budget for motherboard is under 100$ (i'm on a budget)

i am thinking about this motherboard any opinions please post

BIOSTAR TA770 A2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

its from newegg price-79$
itz_rob
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:30 pm

Your query would be better if in the 'General' topic folder. A Mod may see fit to move, but please don't double-post.

If you want a gaming setup, you would need at least a dual-core (or equivalent) processor running around 3 Ghz, with PCI-E video slot of the 16x class for SLI or Crossfire. And up to 4 Gb of system memory to match the CPU. A PSU of at least 600 watts would be in order, as well as a hdd of the SATA class of around 300 Gb. On-board sound is decent, but if you want true 5.1 or 7.1 sound setup only a sound card will do.
If there is on-board video, look for another model/brand. On-board video will never come close to a decent video card! And why pay for a feature you will never use?
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby greytrains » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:46 pm

Moved to Recommendations
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
Gerald Ford (1913 - 2006)
greytrains
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Recommendations