TribalOverkill's LiquiD EvolutioN

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.

Postby tribaloverkill » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:42 pm

WHAT AN UPDATE!!! I learned something new about myself! I'm pretty decent at shaping of aluminum. I mean it was my first time and I using using S@#$ tools too. But yea. Check it out! Your cream your panties! You've been warned!! OH,... AND NO SKIMMIN THROUGH THE PICS!! You knuckleheads better look at every pic and read my S@#$! LOL.

Jan-08-2008

My stakes. Etched into the aluminum.

I need to spend some extra time on the scroll saw cutting out that text. I cant reach those narrow areas with the little files.

Right off the scroll saw, swear. You see how clean the text looks! Took my time. Used the blades like a file and cleaned the text up good.

Filed and sanded:) Notice the two gooves I didnt cut on each stake? I'm saving that till after I shape them. That area is going to be weak and might break.

Shaped! Won't lie,... that was kind of hard. I mean I dont have the right stuff to be doing this and the text made it hard too. A lot of weak spots. Was very careful.
Image Image Image

Now I cut the grooves.

Very nice.

Sanded.

That looks so damn cool!
Image Image Image

Polished!!!
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Pre-view! OMG that looks great!!! This turned out better than what I pictured it to be!!!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Oh I cut myself by the way. I cut it with a sanding disc!!! There was an 1/8" lip of disc that wasn't covered by the pad. It was like a grinding blade,... it was the most awkward feeling thing,... being cut with a grinding something eeew. It's pretty bad,... it's 1-1/6"L x 3/32"D,... I measured.

Buy one get one free:)

I'm making the acrylic backing,...

Drilled throught eh acrylic and bolted it the the aluminum for shaping.

See.
Image Image

All done. Eye candy shot from here on in,...
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:34 pm

rDB756g is DONE! The Hell Glaive res is done! YES!

Jan-11-2008

The two last pieces I had to make. The brackets to hold the stakes to the reservoir. I added to more LED's to help light up the stakes.

Damn that looks cool!
Image Image Image

Is it me?!?! Why does bracketry look so good!

Cleaned up and done!
Image Image

Some light,...
Image Image Image Image Image

The money shots,....
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Some people asked to see it with green LEDs,... it look more like teal in the photos and more like sea green in person. I think something is up with my green LEDs.
Image Image Image

Wallpaper(1600x1200):
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

I'm working on making a cool video too,... short but cool.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:01 pm

My first attempt at making a "real" video,...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddEeOpBhw2Y
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby greytrains » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:13 am

I think you have a little too much time on your hands. :P :lol: :lol:
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
Gerald Ford (1913 - 2006)
greytrains
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby tribaloverkill » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:50 pm

Hey guyz! Been doing some drawing for for Qhs's res. Here what I am going with. Qhs and I talked about having something that looked outerspace, spaceship like futuristic kinda something. So this is what I'm going with,...

Jan-23-2008

His res shields are going to be comprised of several pieces that will be layered to give the overall look some depth. I drew many designs for his shields. The design you see in the drawing below was design #2. I think I had drawn about 2 more after this one. At first I didnt like this design because I thought it was to much or to busy. As I was drawing the others this design really started to catch my liking. So I dicided to go with it. The others I had drawn were way to alien like for some reason. They just didnt suit his pc. His PC in my opinion is more human like then alien. This design is more human then alien. The way this is going to work is that this is the very top piece. This piece will be bent/ sanded/ and polished. THEN, i'm going to make a tinted equiv to put on top of this piece. I am not going to cut everything out of the tinted piece you see in the drawing. The tinted piece is to give a drawing color and to hide a lot of the design work cut out of the aluminum piece. It is only till you turn it on that you will see some of the design work though the tinted acrylic. It will look like a polished mirrored black. Going ot look awesome. It's going to look very industrial too. I am installing LEDs on to this top shield too. Facing down towards the reservoir:) So the wires will be ontp of the shield. I will make nice polished wire holders to separate the wires and make them look nice. Sleeving too.

This is the next piece. This is the under grill piece. This will be polished too. BUT! No tinted acrylic. The idea is to go from black - chrome - black again. The piece at the very bottom of the drawing is the actual part. Towards the top of the drawing is how it will fit with the top piece. Now I having to been trying to make everything look nice and neat looking but that wasn't happening. You see,... because one piece is under another, I wasn trying not to cover up the design work of the upper piece. I want the light to shine through. But then I was thinking that covering up some of the design work will make it look more like a serious machine, hardcore. I dont know. Cant explain it. but now,... I want the person to see some of the under grill through the upper pieces. Not mujch but just enough to know that it is there. This also makes it easier to design the under grill. I wanted the grill to be all over the place but at the same time I wanted something that looked tech like futuristic. When I tried drqawing smooth, it started looking to alien like. So this is what I'm going with. To me,.... it looks great. But this is probably because I know what the final product looks like:)

I still have to draw the side skirts now. This is something else I might have trouble deciding on. I want the sides to flare out to give more depth. I have figure out how I want to do that. I have to figure out how many pieces per side, 1 or 2. I want these sides skirt piece to hold LEDs too. For the signage im going to create. It's going to look so damn hot.

Now,... something off topic. I want to share these videos with you that I though were #1, Cool, and #2, funny as hell.

This person usedd 1500 HDDS like domino's! LOL. I thought it was never going to end,...
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/75904

Why is it sooo funny when other people fall down and get hurt? I dont know but this is funny as hell. This is the best waitress fall I have ever seen.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/59720
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:02 am

Update!

Jan-25-2008

My newest machine! I got a new scroll saw:) It's niiiiiice.
Image Image

Old. Ick.

New.

Drafting Qhs's res,...

More drafting,...

Thinking,...

Strike a pose and VOGUE!

I'm going to start cutting these pieces out first before I design the lower side skirt pieces because they have to fit up against the grills nice and flush. The side skirts are going to be kind of hard to make so I want the grills in their final shape to make the process of design the skirts easier. I glued the design to the aluminum,...

Etched and drilled,... ready to be cut. I will do this when I go back to the studio.

DAMN! I made a video scroll saw what to buy video and youtube said it's to long! What do it do! I can't shorten it! This is just great.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:32 am

Small update.

Jan-26-2008

Omg this took me all night to do! 14 hours!!! Newer better scroll saw,... same cuts:) You see,... doesnt matter how nice your scroll saw is:) I was actually cutting pretty quick jut to get it done. Didnt care that I wasnt as close to the lines as possible. You see,... sometimes its quicker to just file the rest as oppose to spending the extra time in front of the scroll saw cutting every last bit of it out;)

All filled out nicely. 120grit sanded. That just looks so cool!

This is how the pieces are going to overlap. Notice how the grills show through the top piece. Initially I didnt want this but after thinking about I changed my mind. I want you to see some of it through the top piece because nothing in life is THAT perfect. It give it a bit more character. Makes it look like machine like hardware or something. I cant explain it.

I think this is about right when it comes down to how far the top piece will be offset from the grill. Going to use spacers. I can't wait to make the tinted equiv for the top piece. Going to look cool.

Now about the video. I am going to remake the video taking all new footage keeping in mind that I have 10 minutes total for this video. Sorry about the wait. I'm just not cool with splitting a 14 minute video and I have my heart set on youtubing my video's. The wait is worth it trust me:)
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:38 am

DAAAAAAAMN! Ran into a problem. Don't know why I didn't see this coming. Well,... just follow along.

Jan-30-2008

I rounded the shielding. For the most part it went well. I had to alter the grills a bit because some of the holes and grooves didnt line of as well as I wanted it too. But this is fine. Looks great.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Here's the tinted equiv I was telling you about. In the process of making it.

I want it to go on top.

Very cool.

Here it is shaped. Its looking great! BUT! I want to round all the outer edges, sand and polish. I dont want to leave the edges square. Just doesnt look right. Even though there are no pics here of it,... I rounded the edges and it looks a lot better then square edges but its such a crappy job though! There's to much detail for me to really get in to do it right.

Here are the options,...
Option #1: No acrylic equivalent. Just polished aluminum.
Option #2: A tinted equivalents that go under the aluminum instead of on top. This will look better then having a square edge equivalent on top. I want to do this idea.
Option #3: A clear dusted equivalent of 1/16" acrylic on top. Although the res wouldnt really match the case,... hot damn it would look nice though!!!
Image Image Image

This is kind of what it would look like with the tinted acrylic under the aluminum. It would look great. I know it would. I just wanted it on top:( Next time. The acrylic on top of aluminum is more for a shield with less design. Or a design that would allow me to successfully round and polish all edges so it looks like a tinted bubble on top of the aluminum.

I think i'm just going to do the tinted under option.
Image Image

I didnt reshoot my video for the scroll saw because I was pissed and just not in the mood to shoot it again. Last thing you want is cranky me making a video. Actually,... I think one day I will do that, LOL. That would be funny.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:01 pm

Oh man,... looking sweet.

Jan-31-2008

Here's the thinner clear frosted arylic cover for the top piece. Oh I polished all the pieces too. I had to see what it all looked like.
Image Image

It's very thin. Less then 1/16". It doesnt look bulky ontop like the tinted did. I have to do this more often. I love the way it looks.
Image Image Image

Assembled. So damn nice.
Image Image Image Image

Lights on. Only six ill placed LEDs. Looks crazy cool! I want it! I have to make the side skirts now. They are going to match the top piece.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:07 pm

Oops.
Last edited by tribaloverkill on Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

PreviousNext

Return to System Modification