TribalOverkill's LiquiD EvolutioN

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.

Postby tribaloverkill » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:24 pm

Lastly,... the top piece:)

Dec-25-2007

Same thing. Doing a test with this piece here.

I had to make more strips.

You see the groove on both side like that? Is it me or does that look way to cool?!?! I dont know why I think that looks so damn cool.

Now,... here what I was talking about. What to bend first!!!! For the top piece,... I have to make this bend first. This is the overall shape of the bracfkets right here. I bent this by hand with my fingers. I cant hammer because it will dent and scratch the polished finish.

Then,... keep in mind. I'm using my fingers to do this. The grooves aren't deep at all but they make that much of a difference!!!

Done. Now,... if you notice,... it looks the same as the forst mock-up but you'll notice that I did not bend the sides up all the way for the top riser thing. This is because I dont have too! This is easier! plus this helps to set the height in which this thing sits on the res. Also,... the hook portion of the bracket is missing a side too. It just slopped and then hooks. This is because this is easier! Works too!

Looks great. Again,... i'm goign to instruct ACRyan to not grooves the production ones. So they will look a lot better. These are prototypes.

Very nice.

I am thoroughly impressed with the results.
Image Image Image

See how thats going to work:)
Image Image

Time for the real ones:)
Image Image

I started grooving these so im going to hea out as soon as im done here and continue.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:20 am

Small update. I was only able to get in like 2+ hours the other day before work:/ But in the two hours I managed to get the top strips ready for bending. So when I go back today I will have the tops completed. Good news too is that these top pieces will work fine with the smaller reservoirs I made Darth. So,... I need to get started designing some KICKA@# shields! CANT WAIT!

Dec-26-2007

Here are the top pieces,... the holes needed for the threadserts,...

Gave them a slight countersink so I know the serts will install a flush as possible.

Will have another update tomorrow.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:09 pm

Brackets are done! Time to start the shields!

Dec-27-2007

This is the first bend I made. This bend needs to be done over a pipe and its hard when I have the other bends done first.

Glue some chipboard to my pliers to prevent scratching.

Here's the first bend,...

Second,....

Third and forth,...
Image Image Image Image

Finished all of them.
Image Image

Threadserts intalled.

Looks great!
Image Image Image

Damn that looks hardcore to me. To bad their covered up:( Thats ok,... I'm going to make another top piece for those who do not want to use shields. Later on though.
Image Image Image Image
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:56 pm

This post was taken by TribalOVERKILL,...
Last edited by tribaloverkill on Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:09 pm

Just messing around,...

Dec-29-2007

The "Hell Glaive". Looks more like something out of Turok then Blade,... but still, IT'S HOT! You see,... I want a glaive that cover up as much of the reservoirs as possible but doesn't,... this is why the blade is very much thin and see through. I dont know for sure that I will use this exact design becuase I still want to tinker with it, explore the possiblies. I have to go to the studio to do that. I need the reservoirs right in fron of me. This blade has to be able to be mounted to the brackets.

Here is the actual Hell Glaive that I'm going to use. I think it looks better then the one in the pic above.

Going to trace now. I need two "clean" copies.

Clean copies. Clean meaning thin lines. When I draw I usually draw over the same line several times as I make make curves. It thickens the lines. When I copy I draw a very much thinner lines over the thicker line but I use the thicker line to see the perfect round shape.

Cutting away some of the paper.

Glued to the aluminum.

Now im going to etch the image onto the aluminum because I know this paper isnt going to stay attached.

Quick tip: When doing something like this,... its very important that you make sure the image is straight! If its not the mounting holes wont line up! To make sure its straight,... just us a ruler and line it up with a few points on the image. Choose something on one side and then line up the ruler to that same point on the other side. The ruler should pass through the very center of the image. Try different points to verify.

You see how its dead center.

All etched. You have to make sure you etcher makes through the paper to the aluminum. Would be s@#$%^ to lift the paper and there be no marks:/

Drilled,...

Fresh off the scrollsaw.

Filed and sanded baby!!! SICK!!!!!
Image Image Image Image

Makes me want to kick some vampire arse!!! Hell Blade,...

Going to look crazy cool. OMG its going to be the S@#$.

So if you dont know already. I know some do,... tribal art is what I do. It's where I got my name. I posted some of my work online a long time ago. Some still remember. Tribal art comes very easy to me. I have tons of tribal images I have made through out the years. Anyways,... I have to work tonight,... tomorrow I have off so I'll be in the studio working on this.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:48 pm

Small updat. Didnt get much time to work on the reservoir,...

Jan-01-2008

I bent the hell glaive over the reservoir,... it turned out nice. It's not what I wanted but this is fine. What I wanted wouldnt have looked good with this design. Still needs much work.
Image Image Image Image Image Image

So DB decided that he only wants to use the sFX reservoir for this build. He said he wants to use the other two for future builds. I still have to make shields for the two smaller ones. But first I will finish DB's res and Qhs's res too. Also,... my Hell glaive design is going to be used elsewhere on the case too. Geno already simplified the glaive but I am going to simply it myself. I have to do that at work tonight and have it ready for geno first thing in the morning! ARGH! lol. It's all good though.

Here's a quick video I made. It's crappy just like the rest of them. But it's entertaining,... a bit, at least i think. I dont know, just watch it.
http://www.youtube.com/v/BVlyEuoMtMU
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:18 am

Update.

Jan-03-2008

This is how I polished the shield up. It's a huge roll of cardboard:) This will keep the buffing wheel from catching a edge, ripping the shield out of my hands and destroying it.
Image Image

Worked very well:) Didnt take all that long either:)
Image Image Image Image

I am starting to not like these top brackets all that much anymore. I know I can do better then this s@#$! ARGH! But for now it's good enough.
Image Image

Damn thats hot.
Image Image Image Image Image Image

I still have to make the center disc thing. Thats easy. I'm actually contemplating whether I should make a bottom shield thing with names on it,...
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby DAVE1 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:03 pm

:o :o :o :o :o :o
Join team 33258 today!!
DAVE1
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby tribaloverkill » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:50 pm

Quick update,...

Jan-05-2008
I knifed some of the edges to make the blades look like blades, sharp that is. I have to do some touch up work in some areas. These areas look kind of serrated.
Image Image Image Image Image

Also made the center disc that is suppose to hold the blades togther. The two discs are held togethre with a clear acrylic peg I made.
Image Image Image

I still have to make the stakes that will go on each side. I have off from work tomorrow so I will be doing that all day and night till it's done.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:12 am

Pre-update. I had to come home eary because I didnt bring the DayWalker font with me! ARGH!

Jan-07-2008

Cheapskate this is for you man,... or anyone who turn cuts with a drill press. This is something you all should be using,...

It's a,... something. It's kind of like a nut that the drill press can hold.

Piece of acrylic with a bold and a washer.

The other side.

The nut thing installed.

In the press. The way it works is that when you are cutting,... it's tightening. It wont tighten so much that you cant get it off or even breaks but what i'm trying to say is that it wont loosen up:) If you cut with drill press using regular nuts,... you know what I mean. Also,... this will help prevent bending the bolt too. It works so damn good! I'll be using this for now on.

Here's my new coat button! Looks so much better! I made both of these with that new nut thing.
Image Image Image

Made my own little dollies,... it's funny, they look kind of like,....

Moving on,... This is a practice run. This will be a stake:)
Image Image Image

Lets do it!

Ok,... rock on!!?!?!

Huh?

The stakes. I have to draw the text on them still. They will look a lot narrower once rounded.

The Hell Glaive.

This explains the A.C.R.S.T. on my table,... it was the marker. It's alive. Swear.
http://www.youtube.com/v/P-WMfYVrhZ0

Anyways,... im going back to the studio when im done here. Also,... im calling out of the work tonight so I can spand some more time in the studio. I want to finish this reservoir tonight.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

PreviousNext

Return to System Modification