T2 Goes Water-Cooled

Techniques, tips, and advice for the performance PC enthusiast on overclocking.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

T2 Goes Water-Cooled

Postby THRASHER2 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:13 pm

Is you heard it :haha: T2 is finally going water cooled.

I will be making a Water Cooled Bench Station for OC'ing and Benching.
The tech Station will have Swiftech Items :thumbsup:


1xApogee™ GTX water-block
1x MCP655™ pump With a speed controller (part # MCP655)
1x MCRes-Micro
1x MCR320-QP (Quiet Power™) Radiator
3x
Cooler Master Y720CCD-25K1-GP 120mm Silent Fans
10ft of
Tubing: 1/2 in. (ID) x 3/4 in. (OD) Clearflex Vinyl Tubing

Cooling a X6800 CPU on a BFG 680i motherboard

Here is a Quick Draft :pimpin:
Image


Image

Image

Image

More to Come :evil:
THRASHER2
Forum Terminator
 
Posts: 6663
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:22 pm
Location: Long Beach,CA in the Mod Garage OverClocking

Postby THRASHER2 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:16 pm

Here are the Fans

Image


Fans mounted

Image

Test Setup

Image

Added Bling :evil:

Image
THRASHER2
Forum Terminator
 
Posts: 6663
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:22 pm
Location: Long Beach,CA in the Mod Garage OverClocking

Postby THRASHER2 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:35 pm

Image
Temp print screens coming :tongue:
THRASHER2
Forum Terminator
 
Posts: 6663
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:22 pm
Location: Long Beach,CA in the Mod Garage OverClocking

Postby Sabrewings » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:11 pm

Ideally in a watercooling setup the pump should go straight to the radiator to be sure it removes any residual heat it dumps into the fluid before it gets to the cooled parts.
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master
 
Posts: 18948
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:04 am
Location: Barksdale AFB, LA

Postby THRASHER2 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:34 am

Sabrewings wrote:Ideally in a watercooling setup the pump should go straight to the radiator to be sure it removes any residual heat it dumps into the fluid before it gets to the cooled parts.
Hummm Ok :D
This was my first water cooled setup PDT_Armataz_01_01
I will try to change the Lines around :wink:
THRASHER2
Forum Terminator
 
Posts: 6663
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:22 pm
Location: Long Beach,CA in the Mod Garage OverClocking

Postby THRASHER2 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:35 am

Some Scores...........
Image

Image

Image

Image
THRASHER2
Forum Terminator
 
Posts: 6663
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:22 pm
Location: Long Beach,CA in the Mod Garage OverClocking

Postby Sabrewings » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:35 pm

Nice job so far. In case I wasn't perfectly clear earlier, this is the optimum setup for watercooling...

  • reservoir
  • pump
  • radiator
  • CPU
  • other cooled parts in your preferred order
  • back to reservoir


A larger reservoir the better, as it will give the fluid time to cool even more before being sent back in to the loop.

(I've been quietly toying around with watercooling for a good while now. Ready to put the finishing touches on my new build soon and unveil it... 8) )
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master
 
Posts: 18948
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:04 am
Location: Barksdale AFB, LA

Postby ThEvil0nE » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:30 am

I've setup my passive water coooling so that the pump pulls the warm water from the blocks then dumping it to the reservoir before it gets to the rads to be cooled further more and then pushes the cooled water from the rads to the blocks :wink:
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree
 
Posts: 3937
Joined: Mon May 06, 2002 12:01 am
Location: New York

Postby Sabrewings » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:43 am

ThEvil0nE wrote:I've setup my passive water coooling so that the pump pulls the warm water from the blocks then dumping it to the reservoir before it gets to the rads to be cooled further more and then pushes the cooled water from the rads to the blocks :wink:


Similar concept, but depending on the pump it will probably work better when the pump is pushing, not pulling.
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master
 
Posts: 18948
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:04 am
Location: Barksdale AFB, LA

Postby ThEvil0nE » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:05 am

Sabrewings wrote:
ThEvil0nE wrote:I've setup my passive water coooling so that the pump pulls the warm water from the blocks then dumping it to the reservoir before it gets to the rads to be cooled further more and then pushes the cooled water from the rads to the blocks :wink:


Similar concept, but depending on the pump it will probably work better when the pump is pushing, not pulling.

Yeah as it is mostly setup that way but using a bigger and more powerful pump (I have the eheim 1250) would pretty much be more flexible such as extracting the heated water off the blocks quickly (well that's just a little theory I wanted myself to believe LOL)

Anyway... as long as you don't put the pump right before the blocks to dump water directly to the blocks... he should be fine :)
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree
 
Posts: 3937
Joined: Mon May 06, 2002 12:01 am
Location: New York


Return to Overclockers Anonymous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests