Can't log in from home pc, no problem at work

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Can't log in from home pc, no problem at work

Postby Ilisidi » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:28 am

I haven't been here in a while and when I tried logging in from home it won't log me in. I don't get any error messages, I am just brought to the main forum page but on the top it still says "Log in". So I click again, put in my user name and password and the whole cycle repeats.
Strangely enough I have no problem logging in from work computeer, using the same user name and password.

Both pcs have Windows XP and IE (7 at work, 6 at home)
Have anyone heard of this happening before?
Ilisidi
Initiate
Initiate

Re: Can't log in from home pc, no problem at work

Postby hunter1801 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:37 pm

Ilisidi wrote:Have anyone heard of this happening before?

Have you looked at the threads already made? What browser are you using?
hunter1801
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Ilisidi » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:31 am

Yes I looked but noone seems to have exactly the same problem. I don't get any error messages, nothing, the login process seems to be going fine but when it takes me to the forums page I am still not logged in. I put in my user name, password click ok, it seems to be logging me in but it really doesn't. I haven't had any problems before using the same computer with the same browser (IE6 through AOL). I now discovered I can log in using FF so I guess that's how I'll be accessing the forum.

But I still find it strange that I can't log in.

Thanks,
Ilisidi
Initiate
Initiate

Postby hunter1801 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:57 am

Ya, thats the exact same problem discussed in the thread below this one (login issue using Firefox) except on a different browser. Try to clear your cookies, temp files, cache, ect. If that doesn't work, do the same thing and also turn off your firewall. If THAT doesn't work, then your in the same boat as me.
hunter1801
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby evasive » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:18 am

repair your IE6 install. Sometimes it goes t*ts up for no apparent reason. Especially on older machines with less memory.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Ilisidi » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:34 pm

ok, I didn't look into the FF thread, since I have no problem logging in with FF. I'll try doing what's been suggested and see it that helps. But at least I still can get in with FF.
Thanks,
Ilisidi
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Forum Problems/Errors