Asus M2N Sli-deluxe..

Techniques, tips, and advice for the performance PC enthusiast on overclocking.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Asus M2N Sli-deluxe..

Postby musiclover7 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:12 pm

Hey all. Brand new to these boards, and am hoping to get some advice... I recently started building a new computer... amd 4200+ windsor, with Asus M2n SLI-Deluxe MOBO, 1GB Corsair Value Ram pc4200 ddr533.. Here is the thing. FSB is set to 200 default, which if I understand correctly, would mean that my ddr memory is effectively running at 400mhz, even though it is supposed to be able to run at 533 mhz. If I overclock fsb to 210, that would mean I am still only running at 420mhz. What do I need to do to get the ram speed up? I do not see a way to change ram ratio in this board. All advice appreciated....
musiclover7
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby ajrox » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:14 pm

stock memory typically runs at 400mhz/PC3200.
the reasion you have memory that will run faster, its so you can overclock the CPU without having to worry about the memory holding you back.
there is no other way to run the memory faster with out upping the FSB. that will inturn over clock your CPU. over clocking your CPU voids any and all support from the CPU manufacturer.
blah, blah,blah.....
what that really means is that you shouldnt have to worry about the memory holding you back in any way when your trying to overclock your CPU...WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!! :D
good luck,
AJ
coming soon to an over clockers dream near you:
EVGA 790i tri SLI
intel core2 quad 9550
6gb G.SKILL DDR3 16000
3X EVGA 8800gts video cards
water cooled fo sho
the rest when i get paid
PS... im gonna break 4ghz easily....
ajrox
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby musiclover7 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:56 pm

I see... So my next question is... It says my mobo has a max fsb of 1000mhz. That seems like a far ways away from 200mhz. I am trying to find a way to change my fsb to ram ratio so that I can increase memory speeds, and not overclock the cpu too much. Will add that I tried cranking the fsb to 230 mhz, and lowered the multiplier down from ll to 10, which would effectively be a 10 mhz overclock, and it crashed the system. Had to reset the cmos to use the machine again. Thanks for the help.
musiclover7
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby aussiejunior » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:04 pm

try downloading a copy of cpu-z and going to the memory tab as that will tell you exactly what spped your memory is running at. I have a similar setup in my rig and leaving everything at stock my memory is still reported to me as running 533mhz
core i7 920@4.0ghz
asrock x58 extreme 3
6 gig ocz ddr3 1866mhz @ 1600mhz
evga gtx 460 1gb external exhaust *2
Creative x-fi xtreme gamer
custom watercooling loop for both cpu and gpus
aussiejunior
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Return to Overclockers Anonymous