This is odd

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

This is odd

Postby Pette Broad » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:39 pm

A new problem has come up regards logging on. When I come to the forum I am no longer logged on, despite the fact that I've ticked the remember box, but that's not really the issue. The only way I seem to be able to post messages is to go to the relevant forum and click on reply and then for some reason, the whole forum reloads and then I have to repeat the earlier click on reply and it works this time. It seems to be logging me on once I click the reply button, how odd. :?

Pete
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby OldPhatDad » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:44 pm

I don't get that odd problem with posting replies but I'm still getting the weird log-on problems. It will not remember my log-on preference eve though I tick the 'keep me logged on' box, and I can only log in successfully every other day or so. Once logged on, it lasts for usually a day. Then I can't log in no matter what (on FF) for at least one day and sometimes as long as 2 days.

Suddenly, it will let me log in again and it lasts for a day, maybe two. This is only with FF though. Opera so far works fine.

As noted though, even with FF I don't get the weird reply problem you're getting.
Antec Nine Hundred
Intel C2D E6750 @ 3.6 Ghz
Gigabyte P35 DS3L
Mushkin Redlines 2 x2GB kit
EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 896 MB
WD 250 GB SATA2
Seagate 160 GB SATA
WD 500 GB SATA2
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
PC P&C Silencer 750W
Windows XP SP3
OldPhatDad
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Copper » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:02 pm

having no problems. logging in.
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Pette Broad » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:24 am

Copper wrote:having no problems. logging in.

Right now I can only use one machine to post messages here. The other 2 I use refuse to accept my login unless I delete all of my cookies before every logon. I'm not doing that because it means that I have to logon and enter my password on all the other many sites I visit everytime as well. I'm using IE 6.0 on 2 machines and IE 7.0 on the other. I also use AOL now and again but the problem is exactly the same.

Pete
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby evasive » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:25 pm

time for some fresh cookies then... not sure what recipe OllE is using right now but they're weird. Use no mushrooms, how many times do I need to repeat that...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Daft Ada » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:18 pm

Chocolate chip:

Daft Ada
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Copper » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:27 pm

Copper wrote:having no problems. logging in.

im using vista or xp both with IE7
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Return to Forum Problems/Errors