A little note about the ASUS K8VSE Deluxe board

Techniques, tips, and advice for the performance PC enthusiast on overclocking.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

A little note about the ASUS K8VSE Deluxe board

Postby Rabidwerewolf » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:45 am

Just wanted to let anyone know that has one in their rig and overclocks and plans to overclock, that I have just learned a very valuable thing about the ASUS K8VSE Deluxe AMD socket 754 motherboard. You might or might not already know this or have discovered this on your on, but this board does not like to go above 230 in the HTT on bios no matter what voltage you pump into your cpu. It may run stable for a little while, but it will crash on you. You can't adjust the multiplier on this board, and you are very limited on the voltage adjustments. You also can't lock the agp and pci buses on this board. No complaints on the board itself as it is a good stable, performing board at stock speeds, and also when there is little to mild overclocking. I just recommend not going above 225 on the HTT. It runs very stable under stress at 225. I had mine at that for a year before I got this wild idea to go for 2.40 ghz on my good 'ole reliable 3000+. I remember running into trouble when I first got the board and tried oc'ing with it, but I assumed it was the Wintech and Kingston ram I was using. Not so.

I've tried four different types of two 512mb sticks of DDR400 PC3200 ram in this puppy: Kingston, Wintech, A-Data and Crucial. The Crucial and A-Data had timings of 2-3-3-6 whilest the other two brands, Kingston and Wintech have timings of 3-3-3-8. Noticed I said had on the Crucial and A-Data. The Crucial was borrowed ram that I had to return to a friend, but I managed to unfortunately damage the A-Data, with heat spreaders mind you. I did get up to 2.35 ghz for about 2 weeks on the A-Data until my rig crashed on me early this morning playing BF2142. Fortunately, everything else seems ok.
Rabidwerewolf
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby YouGiveMeRash!!! » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:13 pm

I used to have this board and although it was very stable, no PCI/AGP lock kept me from OCing as high as I wanted to.

That's why I sold it.

I had a 3200+ newcastle and was able to overclock to around 2.6ghz, but I wasn't too happy. I knew I could of at least squeezed out another 300mhz if I had a capable board with my watercooling setup.

I ended up going with a 3700+ mobile DTR CPU and a Biostar Tforce 6100. Everything's good now. :D
Main rig: 1/2" ID Water Cooled Lian-Li V2000B, Abit IP35 Pro, Intel C2D E6750@ -3.4ghz 1.3375v, Mushkin 2gb DDR2-800 996576, one terabyte storage, evga 7900GS KO w/ Zalman VF700-AlCu cooler, Swiftech Apogee GT water block, Ultra X2 550w PSU
Laptop: Asus Z70VA, Pentium M 725 1.6@ -2.13ghz (pinmod), ATI X700 Pro, 1680x1050 native res., bluetooth, the works...
YouGiveMeRash!!!
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Return to Overclockers Anonymous