Is this going to be good enough?

CPU Cooling tricks and techniques.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Is this going to be good enough?

Postby Wyrm73 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:59 am

I just ordered a Cooler Master Aquagateto water cool my Athlon 64 4400+. I am planning on experimenting with overclocking, which is the main reason I bought it. This is my first adventure in water cooling.

I am also running two 6800GT's in SLI. One video card has an Arctic Cooling AVC-NV5R3 (I bought it used and it came with it.) I am debating between getting another for the second card or going with water cooling. The reviews I have read lead me to believe that I may be better leaving the video cards out of this with this particualr cooler. Or will an add on radiator do the trick? I have room in the back of the case for a 90mm fan and I was thinking of adding a radiator there. Maybe something like this.

Also if it matters in the decision, I am using a Cooler Master Ammo 533. It is mostly open on one side and is a fairly large case that is pretty empty. The only other things in the case are a wireless network card, one DVD burner, and one hard drive. I plan on adding three more hard drives in the future, but they are going to remain air cooled.
Wyrm73
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Twisty » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:33 am

You could put it together with the extra radiator just for the CPU. Then decide what you want to do with the graphics cards depending on what temperatures you get.
I have now left the Building :tongue8:
Twisty
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Return to Cooling Tips and Tricks