pc speakers? pros and/or cons

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

pc speakers? pros and/or cons

Postby timmib » Sat May 11, 2002 8:37 am

Greetings all,

Am building a basic system around the Gigabyte 7zxe and duron 1000. Just purchased a chieftec DX-01BD. It did not come with a speaker. While I'm used to bios post beeps, I gather that these are not as informative as they once were. So, do I need to go find a case speaker?

btw mobocop, the new bb s/w seems to load faster for this dialup user.

Be well,

Tim
timmib
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Tolemac » Sat May 11, 2002 10:10 am

A case speaker is a good thing to have so that you have the beeps telling you whats going on. Any local computer store or Radio Shack will have one for cheap. 8)
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby timmib » Sat May 11, 2002 11:34 am

Hi Tolemac!

Thanks for the answer-back. Just seemed like from the posts here and in the ng's that the beep code wasn't as specific and detailed as in the 8088 days <BG>. I will go find some case speakers.

And thanks for your recommendation about Newegg and the Chieftec case. It's very nice. I can't wait for the mb to show up <g>.

Be well,

Tim
timmib
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby len444 » Sun May 12, 2002 9:10 am

:idea: when i first received my new (oct/01) enermax case (fs-710) there wasn't a visable speaker in the case, but there is some kind of a micro noise emitter up in the front bezel- you might have a similar set up and should look at the front wiring connectors for one labeled spkr. just a thought- something to look into and verify! [looks exactly like the enermax case that i've got, so you should be ok w/ front spkr/ noise emitter (whatever it is/)- just verify- i was puzzled by the lack of a speaker as well, but something was there to function similarly!]
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby timmib » Sun May 12, 2002 3:32 pm

Greetings Len444,

I've d/l'd the Antec manual for their look-alike case <s&g>. I'll look there for some indications of a hidden sound emitter, or whatever <bg>. If it's there it is with the switches and led's. Thanks for the confirmation that there well might be a speaker there someplace.

Be well,

Tim
timmib
Green Belt
Green Belt

Return to General