Banners????

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Banners????

Postby SupraDraco » Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:52 pm

I keep getting a Site not responding in the box for adversment banners? Sometimes I get the new P4 commercial, but other times I see a "SITE NOT RESPONDING" window.

Is this a problem on my end or motherboards.org. The reason I ask is I'm like one disconnect away from kicking my ISP to the curb. It maybe nothing but Im getting some pretty bad lag on the boards recently. And My connection speed is in the dirt.
SupraDraco
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby evasive » Wed Nov 20, 2002 2:51 pm

Seeing the same thing here on a pretty stable ADSL 512kbit connection, so no, that is not you. Lag on the forum is something I haven't seen the past week or so...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Toby B. » Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:17 am

I have been noticing the same thing. The banner/"advert" on the top of the forums has been showing up "wbebsite not found", and it does appear that the banner/"advert" is causing a slight lag in the forums.

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby hevykevy » Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:56 am

I have the motherboard reviews page come up first for this site and a banner comes up almost instantly the a few seconds later the activity bar says done. 35 seconds later it displays. I have direcway sattelite internet and all other sites are fast!!
hevykevy
Nikao Noblesse Blue Case, 350 Watt Antec PS
MSI KT3-Ultra, AMD XP-1800+, 512Mb 2700 DDR, KDS Rad 5s LCD
hevykevy
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Tolemac » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:46 pm

Hmm I'm not having this problem at all. Banners come right up and I'm on a damn slow line. :?
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

ummm

Postby SupraDraco » Thu Nov 28, 2002 4:30 am

Ya looks like it stopped.
SupraDraco
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Toby B. » Thu Dec 19, 2002 5:06 am

The banner that I am having the most issues with is the blasted tigerdirect popup when using the main part of the site (i.e. working on the mobocop cases). This tigerdirect pop-up ad is supposed to be on a 24-hour timer........Well it seems the timer is a tad off cause there are nights/days I see that blasted thing 20+ times in a 24 hour period...

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Return to Forum Problems/Errors