M2N SLI Deluxe questions (DDR2-800 running slow)

Techniques, tips, and advice for the performance PC enthusiast on overclocking.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

M2N SLI Deluxe questions (DDR2-800 running slow)

Postby hhsmiley » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:55 pm

I just built a new system (first one I've done) using this motherboard. I guess I messed up because I thought it would have EPP and allow a noob like me to choose settings and overclock it fairly easily.

Actually, I'm really most interested in getting what I'm supposed to be getting out of my components at standard settings rather than really aggressively overclocking everything.

Right now, my DDR2-800 is being detected as such by the system, but it is only running at 368 MHz instead of 400.

I've manually selected DDR2-800 in the BIOS and setttings are 5-5-5-15 @ 1.9V.

Being VERY SPECIFIC (because I am clueless) what do I need to change settings wise in the BIOS (RAM/FSB/CPU settings) to get all my stuff to run like they're supposed to (or maybe just moderately overclocked)

My stuff:

ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe motherboard
AMD 64 X2 4200+ CPU
Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400 (DDR2-800)
Sapphire X1900 XT
Western Digital 250 GB SATA 8MB
500W power supply (came with case) 28 amps on 12V rail
Raidmax Smilodon case

BTW, I'm very happy with the system so far, despite the memory running slow. It's stable, and my 3DMark05 score went from a miserable 187 with my last store-bought system to 10189 with this one in its present non-overclocked state.

Please let me know if there are any bits of info on my system or settings needed to determine how I need to set everything up.

Thanks for any help!
hhsmiley
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Return to Overclockers Anonymous