In need of 120 mm fans

CPU Cooling tricks and techniques.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Ge FOrce 543 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:35 pm

ok so harware stores have some good stuff. Well mabey when homedepot time comes next weekend. Anyways, that HS/Fan I have listed above is not in stock there. I was wondering if anyone knows of another site that is not much more expensive and has the HS/Fan or another better one you'd recomend that would fit in a mid tower case.
Ge FOrce 543
BANNED!

Postby Tramontane » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:17 pm

Lowes would have them in their hardware isle you can also use o rings that are the size of your fan screws you might have to get a longer screw depending on the length of the ones that come with the fan just bring the fan to the hardware store and match up the screw and o-ring the best you can use are the ones made of silicone or synthetic rubber the softer they feel the better they will absorb vibration. be sure to allow for the thickness of the case. they may even have push rivets plastic rivets that have a center pin that secures the rivet that can be reused.
Tramontane
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Ge FOrce 543 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:39 pm

Tramontane wrote:Lowes would have them in their hardware isle you can also use o rings that are the size of your fan screws you might have to get a longer screw depending on the length of the ones that come with the fan just bring the fan to the hardware store and match up the screw and o-ring the best you can use are the ones made of silicone or synthetic rubber the softer they feel the better they will absorb vibration. be sure to allow for the thickness of the case. they may even have push rivets plastic rivets that have a center pin that secures the rivet that can be reused.

Ok that sounds good now can anyone tell me where to find that HS/Fan or a better one. I have $50 but could save more.
Ge FOrce 543
BANNED!

Postby Ge FOrce 543 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:19 am

Ok I got my 120mm fan it's a mascool clear sleeve bearing. I will most likely put it in tomorrow or next weekend.
Ge FOrce 543
BANNED!

Postby Ge FOrce 543 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:04 pm

Ge FOrce 543 wrote:Ok I got my 120mm fan it's a mascool clear sleeve bearing. I will most likely put it in tomorrow or next weekend.

Yey my temps have dropped 2F do to the 120mm fan and a good cleaning inside my case with an air sompressor. I will admit that the fan is louder but well worth it. Now to test out how my PC is under load.
Ge FOrce 543
BANNED!

Previous

Return to Cooling Tips and Tricks