Email notifications....

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Email notifications....

Postby ethan » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:40 pm

I noticed the post from last november about email notifications and I was wondering if any progress had been made on the issue. Personally, my email notifications are sporadic; sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. Is this indeed a problem with the forum software or is it user specific?
ethan
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:13 am

Try sending yourself a PM.. you should get a notice pop-up about it on-screen, as well as see an Email notice about it. If so, then all is well. But your ISP may have filtering on "content" of Emails, and prohibit your recieving any mater with active links. With the increased problem of phishing and malicious Emails, you really have to notify your filter program that any sourced info from that address is to be trusted fully.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Forum Problems/Errors