New Rule Suggestion

For discussions related to the main web site or the forum itself are now combined into one to clean things up a bit..

New Rule Suggestion

Postby Toby B. » Tue Jun 04, 2002 12:47 am

This is only suggestion............I am probably a little too freakish on this issue. But I feel that:

A rule or strong suggestion should be listed in the forum rules that if a person emails someone for info, etc. the email subject should be clearly marked!!!!! for example; RE: Compaq Deskpro
and also plainly post the user name according to the Motherboard Forum (i.e.
Sincerly,
Toby (Randbcomputers) )

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby datektrader21 » Thu Jun 06, 2002 1:18 am

that would be nice, but since most emails have the email address attached its of little consequence. since you will be replying by email and not directly using the message board
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Toby B. » Thu Jun 06, 2002 1:31 am

What I am suggesting is IF a person is to email a person the should at least make it known who they are, how they got the email address, and what the topic is!!!! I had gotten an email do to some confusion on a post the other day and the subject was try this; in the body all there was - was an email address. NO OTHER INFO..........

I have recieved emails similar to this that ended up containing viruses. I do not mind if someone has a question and emails me but I would like some info to let me know what it is in regards to.

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby MoboCop » Thu Jun 06, 2002 9:16 am

This is a valid request although it cannot be enforced and typically the people who send these emails do not read the rules anyway.

I route all questions back this forum anyway with a canned message.

I do not open any emails with attachments from people I do not know and sometimes from people I know if the subject is wacky at all.

I delete any emails with no subject from those I do not know.

This is how I deal with it.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Return to Motherboards.org Web Site