MS frontpage

Discuss all aspects of programming here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby DAVE1 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:52 am

well for like a non professional website it seems to do the trick and is alot easier then raw coding
Join team 33258 today!!
DAVE1
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby phoenixn » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:36 am

I build web sites for a living working for one of our CPU manufacturers, in addition to having done this for many years freelancing. FrontPage has a place on my computer despite the sometimes anti-FrontPage sentiment that you will find in the industry, .

Here are the web page development programs I use on a daily basis:

MS Visual Studio: Because it is an incredible programming platform for everything from HTML, to JavaScript, to .NET, etc.

MS FrontPage: For general page layout.

Macromedia Dreamweaver: This program is technically superior to FrontPage in most respects. One of the major problems with FrontPage is that it tends to insert tons of unnecessary code. Dreamweaver makes it easy to add lots of JavaScript functionality into you web page. FrontPage also lets you add special scripts, but they often won't work very well across different browsers, and sometimes require that the web server has FrontPage extensions installed.

Windows NotePad: For hand writing code in some cases.

All these programs are really good at what they do best.
phoenixn
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Falklian » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:36 am

Dreamweaver is a nice program, a lot better than Frontpage. I wouldn't really recommend using a WYSIWYG editor for everything, many times I've had to edit by hand things Dreamweaver did that I didn't like, but for the most part, it does it's job pretty well.

For handcoding, I recommend Notepad++ :wink:
Falklian
Black Belt
Black Belt

Previous

Return to Programming