Raid setup article

For discussions related to the main web site or the forum itself are now combined into one to clean things up a bit..

Raid setup article

Postby greytrains » Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:48 pm

There seem to be alot of questions about how to set up a raid array. Does this site have an article on how to set one up? If not it might be a good idea to have one. Just an idea
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
Gerald Ford (1913 - 2006)
greytrains
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

I can help a little.

Postby Rominof » Mon Nov 04, 2002 5:49 pm

I have never used raid 0 or 1 but i have used raid 5 on servers. Well anywhy you can put in you os cd and when it runs driver install in startup it will ask for you to install raid driver's by preasing F6 in the beging ( keep in mind if you won,t preformance increace you should have a mother board that sapport's it spacificly ) Your mother board should tell you how to instal the raid driver but if your looking to instal a raid though OS ( useless if you ask me but fun ) you can try the F6 path. If you don't have you mother board manuel you can get it from the manufacture website. I can give the basics on raid if you like or didn't get what i said. just ask; but remember i have never actually set up raid 0 1 2 3 or 4.. hope i helped.
Rominof
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Motherboards.org Web Site