Target stores' pharmicists allowed to withold abortion pill

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Should a pharmacist (not a public hospital) have the right to refuse service based on their beliefs?

Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes : 17

Postby Roach412 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:00 am

Gem wrote:This subject will be argued forever, but in my opinion, I hope whoever would even consider taking this terrible drug, that they are not using it as a form of birth control. As far as the pharmacists go, there are always 2 sides to an argument and perhaps they felt obligated to refuse service.

honestly, what should it matter what you believe? not to belittle it or anything...

this person is doing what they believe, and they are entitled to their choices, just as you are. since they might believe in abortion by using this pill, does that make their beliefs any less worthy or that person any less of a human individual than you? i hope not.

people have become too "higher than thou" on beliefs being all important. "but i don't believe what you do, so screw you! it's my american right to disagree with you and make your life difficult. ha ha!" you're providing a SERVICE to provide medication. that's what you do. provide medication. not to make decisions. provide. i ask for a product, you give it. that's your job, in which you get paid to do. do your job, not the doctor's. you pull this kind of crap in most other types of jobs and your ass is out on the street. this is similar to reverse-discrimination, and just shouldn't be tolerated.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset