Improve the finding of Emoticons

For discussions related to the main web site or the forum itself are now combined into one to clean things up a bit..

Improve the finding of Emoticons

Postby EmilyB » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:54 am

We all love and we all use the Emoticons but I truly believe there are 2 issues:

Firstly, IMHO and I dont expect anyone else to agree (so you might want to skip to my second point), there are far too many of them which makes finding the most helpful ones much more difficult than need be.

Secondly, even with the amount we have already and the possibility of more in the future (heaven help us 8O), can we order them better? I always thought they were alphabeticalised but I doubt this is true. I've just spent 35 minutes looking for the "Bump" Emoticon and found it down the bottom of the list :?

Any thoughts???
EmilyB

Postby DAVE1 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:15 pm

that would be cool to be able to order your emotions if possible it takes me a while to find some things once and a while
Join team 33258 today!!
DAVE1
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby MoboCop » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:17 pm

a good idea but I will not be modding the code for phpbb.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby MrCraigCraig » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:21 pm

:mb_bow2u::
I tried using a "Point of View Gun", but my aim was lousy. ;-)

ASUS K8N, AMD Sempron 3100+(1.8ghz), 1gb RAM, eVGA 5500FX 256mb AGP, two WD120gb SATA drives in RAID 0 (striping), 450w power supply.

Fold well, so that others may prosper.
MrCraigCraig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby EmilyB » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:18 am

MrCraigCraig wrote::mb_bow2u::

Does that mean yes, no or not sure? :lol:
EmilyB

Postby Robyn » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:03 pm

Can you at least tweak it so that when you click on "view more" it shows up in a properly sized box? They're all so spread out and the box is tiny- on more than one computer using more than one kind of browser.
Robyn
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Sabrewings » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:10 am

Robyn wrote:Can you at least tweak it so that when you click on "view more" it shows up in a properly sized box? They're all so spread out and the box is tiny- on more than one computer using more than one kind of browser.

I asked for that and the simple response was "the window can be resized". :lol:

I'm sure we'll work something out when the next BIG forum update comes around.
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Motherboards.org Web Site