help

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

help

Postby jimmythelizard » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:31 am

im making a pc 4 my sis and ive got an ASTEC power supply and im using a MEDION 9901 motherboard. but i cant figure out where the rest switch, power switch...etc attach to the motherboard. can anyone help please? thanx
jimmythelizard
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby jimmythelizard » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:57 am

ok i now know where they are supposed to go, but there are no pins in there to connect to. just the space where the pins go. how do i sort it out?
jimmythelizard
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Copper » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:38 am

Gem wrote:I'm not sure what you are referring to, are you wanting to connect the power supply to the motherboard? If so, it will either be 20 pin or 24 pin connector. It's the biggest connector on your power supply. You also will have either an 8 pin or 4 pin connector that attaches as well to your motherboard, that will give power to your processor.

but i cant figure out where the rest switch, power switch...etc attach to the motherboard. can anyone help please? thanx

i think the board is an msi oem board. looking for info
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby jimmythelizard » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:29 am

it aint the power supply, its the little connecters that go from the power switch to the mother board, its like a chip thats got 13 pins on it. but my motherboard is missing it. can i solder another 1 on?
jimmythelizard
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby ~PJ~ » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:34 am

Any chance of a pic? I've had a similar problem before with slightly different board versions. The pin block for the front panel is labelled in the manual in one place, and then moved / replaced in the next version but without the manual being changed :evil:

If it's physically not there, and there is nothing anywhere else remotely like it, the board may be damaged. Whether you could solder another pin block on would depend on how good you are at sodlering!

Let there be respect for the earth,
Peace for its people,
Love in our lives,
Delight in the good,
Forgiveness for past wrongs,
And from now on a new start.
~PJ~
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Return to General