TRIBALOVERKILL's Project: Blackout

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.

Postby tribaloverkill » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:29 pm

Todays update,...

Time to work on the pump tower. I need to do some cutting with the scroll saw but the tower is kinda to tall for it. So I'll cut from the inside. I need to raise it a bit to clear the top saw arm. I clamped these boards to the saw table. I'm going to cut just enough to get the jig saw blade in there. I cant see the designs from this side of the tower. I am basically going to cut away the gap between the holes.

After scroll and jig sawing. I filed away and this is what I got. It's a start.

I perfrom the same thing for the rest of the stuff on this side of the tower. It needs something else though.

Ahh, thats better. I decided to add a big hole. LOL. It had to be somewhat bigger then the other holes/ grooves to even it out a bit.

Now, real quick,... tell me what you think of this. Instead of using grommits I thought I would use this foam. The reason being,... it's a hell of alot cheaper, and it doesnt take up as much space as a grommit would. This means I could put the hoses closer together. I know whether or not I will use this idea, I'm just curious as to what you guyz think about it.

Heres a big jump. I kinda forgot to take pictures:( But it's stuff you already seen me do. Recognize the window? Its the same window I used in the LED cover. I have to incorperate that window somewhere else. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity. Why? Don't you think it would be sweet with the UV blue coolant tube lit up over that what will be a UV green lit up window? I think it's gonna look sweet! The two colors ontop of each other. Hell yeah.

See the three holes? The big one is for a chrome shower hose which will power the radiator housing. The two smaller ones are for therad housings LED wires.

Pump tower and LED cover. GAWD,... it was so much easier this time cutting the window. Thanks to the scroll saw.

The window isn't done as you can see. It needs some filing. I also have some more designs to draw out and cut. I will finish it tomorrow and then move on to something else. I'm going to sleep now,... have to go to work in a couple of hours. Goodnight :tired:.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:34 pm

I am goingto definately look into it. I am going to most likely go to school for engineering or industrial design. So thats going to benefit me big time:) I started this thing 01/01/05:)
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Ryn » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:11 pm

Good to see you again dude :D

That project of yours is freakin' awesome. You're definitely one of the best if not the best modder I've ever seen. Anyway, I hope that you can still find some time to update your worklogs and keep my eyes wanting more :twisted:
Ryn
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:45 pm

Ryn wrote:Good to see you again dude :D

That project of yours is freakin' awesome. You're definitely one of the best if not the best modder I've ever seen. Anyway, I hope that you can still find some time to update your worklogs and keep my eyes wanting more :twisted:

Hey, how you doing? You guyz know that this forum was the first forum I signed up with when I got back into the whole computer thing? I was going through here asking,... "Whats the best mobo?". LOL. Anways,... I work on this thing like everyday and update like everyday. It's my crack. I'm addicted. No worries.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:25 pm

Damn,... I am just now posting my update. Anyways,...

I finished legos windows for his rad box. These little buggers are perfect.I'll hate to see them go.

I sanded the tower don to it's dust finish. I dont know if its the light or what but it lokos like I have to do a bit more sanding on the side there.

Time to make to UV green insides. I just got down cutting a 7" wide piece off.

The piece that will go inside the tower.

I rounded the edges to save time from doing it later by hand. I will still have to round them some more but atleast the most of it is done already. I round the edges for a better fit and so that you cant see glowing edges around the object the UV green is behind.

I needed a bending surface so I decided to bend this sheet metal over the edge of the table. After I was done I realized that it wasnt long enough for the piece I was bending. I can see still use it for bending other pieces. I just kept hitting it with a hammer. I clamped a board to the top of the sheet to keep it straight and to keep the metal from bowing up.

Well,... seeing that I cant use the sheet metal I have no choice but to use the edge of the table. Which is fine. Here I am sanding down the table so it's smooth and clean. This orbital sander has to be one of my favorite tools. It's does such a good job!

Look how clean and smooth!

A closer look.

Closer.

Another sh,... what the?

*KACHING*

SO,................ you think having my balls cut off is funny ehhhhhh? Well, I'm going to cut yours off!

SpongeBob, chill out. I didnt think is was THAT funny.

Nooooooooooooooo,... you thought it was funny! Off with your balls!

Shi,...

I'll stop him! There will be no cutting off of any balls other then your own!

RRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

*SWISH*

*THUD!*

AaAaaAAAa,... man.

WAAAAAAAAAAA!!! You are no match for my skills in fung fu wada yada whatever. time,... to,.... DIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!

RRRRR!

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

*WHHAAAAMM!!!!*

WAAAAaaaAAAAAaAAAAAAAaaaaAA!

WAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

HO SHI!!!! PLANKTON!!!! SPONGEBOB WHATDAFU!!!!!!!!!!

Plankton? PLANKTON!

Dude,... you friggin nailed him to my newly sanded table you idiot!!

DAMNIT!!! How do I get him off! Get him off! I cant believe hes dead!!! You BASTARD!!!

Here I scratched a line which I will use to line up the piece with the table so my bend is straight. I will be sanding these inner pieces so the scrathced line doesnt really matter.

I came across a problem after I bent the piece. I didnt take any pics after the last one I showed you because of this. I will show you the problem when I get home and how I plan on solving this little problem. I came up with a solution while taking a crap on the toilette:) When you are stuck on something and cant figure it out,... go take a $%^!@#:) Peace.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Tulatin » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:02 am

The little spongebob interludes are too much dude :lol:

And about you joining up here first - that's what i thought when seeing your name at other sites "hey, i know that guy"

Nice work so far, and where are you getting so much bleedin acrylic?
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby tribaloverkill » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:54 am

Thanks. I get it from here.

http://www.e-tplastics.com

They have a shop like 20 mintues from me.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:06 pm

So,... I have good news. Bill Owens from WWW.MNPCTECH.COM is giving me replacment fan grills to replace the cheap crppy wire ones I was going to be using. They are new in design and not finished. He said the they will be done in about 2 - 3 weeks maybe sooner. He's going to be sending me like 5 of them, the 120mm versions:) You can see them here:

http://mnpctechcom.temp.powweb.com/gall ... 72&cat=555

All I have to say about them is WOW, friggin WOW. Let me tell you,... I dont really go all out with fan grills, hence the crappy ones I was going to use. I'm not into the grills with the crazy designs. I like simple and sexy, to the point. Bill friggin nailed it with these grills! GAWD. I am going to use four of them under the radiator housing for the 120mm fans in there. I am also goign to use one in the back of the case. I really would like to add another fan to the case but I'm sure if thats going to happen. There is going to be one 120mm fans just for the PSU. I might add one of those grills to that fan and design around it. I think I am going to do that, Seriously. He is also sending me some U-Channel trim mold in hopes that it will work with the holes for the hoses. I was going to use the foam before but I wasn't 100% with that idea, niether were you guyz. Someone told me to try the trim mold Bill has for sale on his site here:

http://www.mnpctech.com/UChannel.html

Usually it's used for more open edges but I really need something other then a grommet to cover up the edges of my holes. I dont know how well it will work inside a holes this small. Knowing this Bill was still kind enough to send me some:) Thanks Bill! I had come up with the idea of having a sponsor or a "special thanks to" plate on the computer. It will most likely be a piece of acrylic cut to a nice rectangular shape. I will engrave any sponsors I have on it. Once done I will light it up. I think I'll do something like this:

Special Thanks to:

Bill Owens

WWW.MNPCTECH.COM

You think I should have "special thanks to" or "sponsors"? I dont know, I'll figure that out later. I cant wait to get home so I can work on the UV green insides.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:48 am

SURPRISE!!!! It's an update!!! Kind of!!! Check it out,...

Heres what I did yesterday. I started bending the UV green inside.

The the gap in the corner that wa kind of bothering me. I'm ok with it now. You cant tell once it's diffused.

Got this the other day to cut away the bend line so the edge of the bend won't be so round. I'm not going to do that anymore. I'm going to use it for engraving now:)

All done,... but to short. As I said in my last post,... some how it shrunk. So I will flattent his out and use it for one of the other covers.

Heres what it's going to look like once done. Keep in mind this plastic isnt diffused. It will be more bright once it is.

Ok,... I'm off to the shop to start. PEACE!
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Tulatin » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:56 am

very nice grilles - they're so simple, you could make them blend right in if you tried - nice work on the update and score on the grilles :D
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

PreviousNext

Return to System Modification