Member Rigs Discussion thread

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby tedybear » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:03 pm

Get some UV green glow paint :) That'll teach it.

S-
tedybear
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Black Wolf » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:57 pm

Very slick looking.

Two thumbs way up!
Black Wolf
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Robyn » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:06 pm

And what do you keep on all this space??? :wink:
Robyn
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby joshvee » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:19 pm

Robyn wrote:And what do you keep on all this space??? :wink:
Mostly my DVD collection, all converted to DIVX. I started saving my DVDs onto my HDs about 5 years ago when I scratched a brand new DVD movie I had just purchased, spoiling it.
I have about 1800 DVDs in my collection, all of them are now for display only. If anyone wants to watch one, they can browse the DVDs, read the back to see what its about, and then go to any computer in the house and watch it, or they can stream it from my main rig or the Thermaltake to any TV in the house. I also have converted my entire music collection (30 years worth....20 years as a sound engineer) to MP3 and have them on the HDs. They also can be streamed to any HiFi in the house. :P 8)

P.S. I have nothing illegal on my computers. everything on the HDs are a backups of legal copies that I own. A result of 30 years of collecting. :wink:
joshvee
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby profofpcs » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:32 pm

dude...........im impressed.

depression is just anger without the enthusiasm
anger is just danger without the "d"
profofpcs
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby headofmax » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:24 am

How's your electric bill?
DFI Lanparty Venus
Opteron 165 @ 2.8
Thermaltake Big Typhoon
2X1024 G.Skill
ATi 4770
GameXtreme 700W
LG 37" 1080P LCD
Hannspree HW191D widescreen
headofmax
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby joshvee » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:33 am

headofmax wrote:How's your electric bill?
Dude Pette has way more comps set up and running than I do and so do a few others but yea the electricity bill is a killer if I leave all of them on 24/7 for folding. :?

But now I only leave my main rig on and the Thermaltake case 24/7 as these 2 are set up as file servers. The others are turned on and off as people use them and folding runs as a service on those ones. Oh yea I also leave the 233MHz one on 24/7 out in the shed coz that one only folds....not fast enough for much else. (yes the shed is also networked.)

All the network plugs in all the rooms (and the shed) are also connected to my router so all have broadband net access.
Last edited by joshvee on Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
joshvee
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Pernundel » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:32 am

TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have to get another machine going. TedyBear is going to pass me (Folding) in about 10 days. Your set up has inspired me!!
Pernundel
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby greytrains » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:00 am

joshvee wrote:
headofmax wrote:How's your electric bill?
Dude Pette has way more comps set up and running than I do and so do a few others but yea the electricity bill is a killer if I leave all of them on 24/7 for folding. :?

But now I only leave my main rig on and the Thermaltake case 24/7 as these 2 are set up as file servers. The others are turned on and off as people use them and folding runs as a service on those ones. Oh yea I also leave the 233MHz one on 24/7 out in the shed coz that one only folds....not fast enough for much else. (yes the shed is also networked.)

All the network plugs in all the rooms (and the shed) are also connected to my router so all have broadband net access.

I am very impressed, joshvee. That is an impressive setup. I wish I had the money for that many computers but then I am younger then you. In time I guess. I need to find a larger house first. I don't thing I have the room for that many computers right now. :oops: :roll: :lol:
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
Gerald Ford (1913 - 2006)
greytrains
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Black Wolf » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:37 am

You know joshvee you could of used all that money to end world hunger :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very impressive :wink:

Standing ovation for joshvee!
Black Wolf
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler