Html issues with IE. Need some help here, please...

Discuss all aspects of programming here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Toby B. » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:40 am

Glad to hear you got it fixed... Sorry I was not more help...
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby atang1 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:09 am

Now, that you can do more html codes, you have to learn ansi codes to help your website.
atang1

Postby aj1pso » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:32 pm

Oh you were plenty helpful Toby. You should see the response I got in another forum. It basically consisted of insults and links to CSS tutorials. I told them I was getting to CSS but would really like to get this one working before but no, that only fueled the fire.

Every time I dare to venture outside mobos.org I realize the reason I've stayed here so long. Every other forum is full of bitter people determined on flaming and being as unhelpful as possible.

Not here. Mobos.org is different. I love this place.
aj1pso
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby atang1 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:26 am

Maybe when you write html codes, always remember not to use space.

Html codes(invisible in the webpage) are always mixed with text to be presented. So, the text should stand out, with html codes in between text for presentatoion of text format, fonts and colors.Tthis way you can read html and see what it does to text.

When you code like other languages with spaces, it make reading html much harder. Html is not a language, just some codes to present the text or pictures, or even movies on a webpage.

Software programming helps if you look at how others program html. Get your format right(no space between html codes), then html is easy.
atang1

Postby aj1pso » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:24 am

Actually, I try to tab and comment on my code as much as possible. That way, if I need help anyone can read it and understand it.

You should see me adding PHP :lol:
aj1pso
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby atang1 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:39 pm

Well, html should be done, so that you can read the html codes non stop until the text comes up next. I used to waste a lot of time on ebay advertising, to sell to elderly customers. Larger fonts and all that html stuff. Ebay does not allow links any more.

But power sellers just do the pricing bit, and free digital picture. so, I am trying some power seller stuff without html at all.
atang1

Previous

Return to Programming