NIS 2002 problems when coming here

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

NIS 2002 problems when coming here

Postby NascarFool » Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:35 pm

I still get "Page cannot be displayed" when starting on the main page. Is there some kind of script running on the main page that might be causing Norton's to block it out ? ? It's bugging me real bad. :)
NascarFool
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby MoboCop » Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:44 am

how do you know it is related to norton? Does it happen on anyother page on the site?
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby NascarFool » Tue Oct 08, 2002 5:00 pm

With NIS disabled, no problems at all. Today it didn't do it yet.
NascarFool
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Toby B. » Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:23 pm

Are you talking about the whole main page? pop-up ads? or one or more of the ads/fetures on the site?

I occasionally get a "Page cannot be displayed" on the pop-up ads, and some of the banner ads on the main page itself. I also get the error on the mobo ID tools page. And I do not have Norton Internet Security on my PC.

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:42 pm

I had trouble viewing pages ("Page cannot be displayed") on the forums yesterday. But it seems all is back to normal now.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby NascarFool » Wed Oct 09, 2002 3:22 am

Wed- 10/09/02 , when I visit MotherBoards.org, I start at the main page. Normally (19 out of 20 visits) it goes to "Page cannnot be displayed". The main page will start to load and if I am quick enough, I can click the "Forums" link to get into the forums. If the main page loads, I can read a review. If the review has multiple pages, the next page will give me a "Page cannot be displayed". Very very strange. I have tried all other Firewall programs without this problem.

The other firewall programs work fine except none of them will allow my other comps to connect to "United Devices" for returning or recieving work. At this time I am puzzled.

*EDIT* After furthur testing, I found that if I disable "Ad blocking", the main page loads just fine.
NascarFool
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby MoboCop » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:27 am

ok..
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Return to Forum Problems/Errors