Hunt for weapons officially over.

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby trexntx » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:10 pm

I hear it is really long.

His book?
Antec NeoHE 550
AMD 64 X2 4600+
ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE
Corsair XMS (2X512)
Maxtor SATA (2x300GB) RAID 0
trexntx
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby HollowPoint69 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:14 pm

GAHAHAHHA

I hear it's excellente as well.

Only if you're a heathen liberal though (like me).
HollowPoint69

Postby Ghen » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:38 am

The only reason people say Social Security is in danger is because they only look at conservative forecasts of our economy. Basically forcasts that predict major catastrophe's at a rate of every two years.

They play with numbers, saying something like the US will only grow at 2% a year when really a better estimate would be 5%. Thats huge, but understandable. They don't want to be wrong in a way that makes the public notice their job.. putting it in jeopardy. So they under-guess. Its safer, but leads to problems where our non-math president thinks SS is going under in 10 years when its actually good through 2050 or 2080 (something like that, I forget what I read) if you look at a more realistic economic forcast.

If we do absolutely nothing for social security, it will still be there when we get older. Thanks for that to Greenspan actually, over the past 10? years or so that he's been working on the problem he put some excellent safeguards in the system.
ImageImageImage
Ghen
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Ghen » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:54 pm

Gem wrote:yep, paying your social security tax along with your employer's matching payment to the government is a smart concept. Even better is none of the government pays any social security tax. Then admit you are a liberal. Now I see why you liberals want an education tax. You really need one if you support any of that garbage. :roll:

I'm a liberal.. I didn't follow that though, sorry :)
ImageImageImage
Ghen
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Roach412 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:18 pm

how about we stop paying welfare checks and giving 'perks' like low-cost home mortgage loans to illegal immigrants (who then never "have" to pay them). then, we can put that money into social security, and then nobody will have to worry about it for the next 100 years or so....?

i like that idea.

social security WILL break. if they don't fix it soon (i.e. now) the problem just balloons into a crisis. some people call it crisis avoidance... i like to consider it good financial planning. *shrug* no matter how you look at it, S.S. is purging money...

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset