Hunt for weapons officially over.

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby tedybear » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:17 pm

FWIW? I consider myself to be somewhat sane...and I felt that Slick Willy...while what he did was a mistake and really lame? It was much ado about nothing. So someone played with his presidental "briefs"...Big Deal?

Like I said...it's how the game is played...

The party out of power wants it back, and will do some really stupid things to trip up the other side.

Your term of "meaningless"? Well it's not meaningless to me, as I can understand the reasons from my perspective. (which I'm in no mood to review over and over again) Everyone is entitled to their thoughts on this matter.

It's all a matter of perspective. If someone can step outside their own biases and contempt for another person? It lends the ability to gain a different viewpoint or perspective. Some can do that really well, eg: Walk a mile in their shoes and yadda yadda yadda... It's actually decent advice. But if you for any reason can't do that? You wind up becoming so deeply entrenched in your own contempt and dislike that you get tunnel vision. (not saying "You" as in "you".....but in general. Sometimes ya gotta think outside the box and gain perspective to better understand things)

S-
tedybear
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Ghen » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:37 am

GW would never come out and say 'woops I made a mistake' but he at least can acknowledge it. The fact is though, he believes in his heart that he was correct and would never say otherwise because it would go against his beliefs. Its the simplest answer so it should be correct.

Hindsight is 20/20. Bush doesn't have it.
ImageImageImage
Ghen
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby trexntx » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:22 am

It's all a matter of perspective. If someone can step outside their own biases and contempt for another person? It lends the ability to gain a different viewpoint or perspective. Some can do that really well, eg: Walk a mile in their shoes and yadda yadda yadda... It's actually decent advice. But if you for any reason can't do that? You wind up becoming so deeply entrenched in your own contempt and dislike that you get tunnel vision. (not saying "You" as in "you".....but in general. Sometimes ya gotta think outside the box and gain perspective to better understand things)

Of course it is a matter of perspective and overlooking biases (such as party affiliations :roll: ) to get a clear picture of the situation.

Doesn't tunnel vision mean pretty much the same thing as "staying the course" and ignoring things in the peripheral? Notice that anybody in the Bush cabinet that has had a view contrary to the Neocons is not around the for "second tour"? Fell out of favor I guess. :wink:

If anybody is guilty of lack of perspective, it seems obvious to me it is those who continue to justify mistakes and ignore facts.

If I am guilty of overlooking any "facts" it is because they are almost all based on faulty logic or misleading and slanted figures. I read the paper daily and try to stay informed.

Nothing misleading or slanted about 1355 + dead is there?
Antec NeoHE 550
AMD 64 X2 4600+
ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE
Corsair XMS (2X512)
Maxtor SATA (2x300GB) RAID 0
trexntx
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby tedybear » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:04 pm

This is really getting us nowhere fast. Just as I could come out and say "Nothing misleading or slanted about 300,000+ dead is there?" and applying it to Saddams brutal nature. Re-hashing the same data back and forth and the same arguements is tiresome after a while. It gets old.

Kinda like when anyone stubs there toe or leaves a posistion it's turned around and blamed on Bush. The example of the Cabinet posistions is a bit extream to be blunt. Qutie a few 2 term presidents see a large number of people leaving their posts in favor of "fresh blood". It's happened before, 4 years of dealing with washington's nonsense can be to much for anyone. Of course you can point the finger to the most current one that has come forward with a nifty book deal.. Nice way to cash in actually...4 years...towards then end start collecting dirt...And upon leaving turn it into just another lame bush bashing peice of crap which the bush haters will jump all over.. Real Class Act...(ya right) More like Greed in full motion.

And on that note....Later's

S-
tedybear
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby trexntx » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:49 pm

Simply proving my point. :wink:
Antec NeoHE 550
AMD 64 X2 4600+
ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE
Corsair XMS (2X512)
Maxtor SATA (2x300GB) RAID 0
trexntx
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby tedybear » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:34 pm

trexntx wrote:Simply proving my point. :wink:

Just as the number of seperate "new topics" you have posted in this section taking shots at Bush and this admin proves my point about having tunnel vision and only seeing and focusing on the negative.

Like I said before, it boils down to perspective. We both have our own biases and perspective's. As to who is right or wrong? Time will tell..it always does.

**said of course in my best "non-flame induced" mode...As one of the things that makes this unique is having the ability to go back and forth in a civil mannor** Nothing personal, but we both are sitting 180' apart at the table this time around.. This actually might make a good reality show LOL. Red mindset-vs-Blue mindset....Comeing soon to Fox networks...

And on that note? Gots to get some zzz's....

S-
tedybear
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby MoboCop » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:02 am

edited by Mobocop -- personal attacks are not allowed.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby video » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:40 am

HollowPoint69 wrote:
tedybear wrote:A couple of things interesting to note.. If GW came out and said he was 'wrong' about the WMD's? and came out and said "Wooops...sorry, made a mistake" The media would go into a frenzy, the democrats would be screaming at the top of their lungs to impeach him over this. Most normal sane people would view such a comment as "Yep..he's human and prone to mistakes as we all are...let's move on to our next embarasing moment".. I found some of the remarks and comments by a few key members of the house and senate over the last couple of weeks to be totally off the wall b/s.. But that's neither here nor there...as that's how the game is played.

If Bill Clinton can be impeached over a blow job (which was also a "mistake"), Bush can be impeached for killing thousands of iraqi civilians and sending off his citizens to die in a meaningless war.

I still don't understand just what the big deal was with that :?

Now if he tied her up as a slave and she said "no", there would be that at least. But it sometimes means "yes". :wink:
video
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Ghen » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:28 am

Clinton was impeached for lying. not getting a blow job, no matter where it happened.
ImageImageImage
Ghen
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

PreviousNext

Return to The Hundred Year War