Is Anyone Else getting the Tiger Direct Popup all the time?

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Is Anyone Else getting the Tiger Direct Popup all the time?

Postby MoboCop » Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:36 am

I just noticed this now...and it would help to know if others are having this problem or if something is wrong with my cookies.

The Tiger Direct pop under should only show 1 time every 24 hours. It was working properly for me until today.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby len444 » Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:37 pm

if the cookies are deleted, the pop under windows (tiger direct, and return path- microsoft internet explorer) will show up when going to mb.org home page.
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby MoboCop » Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:43 pm

that is correct len..but it was strange I was getting the tiger popup everytime I loaded a page.

It has stopped now so I am assuming it was some glitch on my client machine here, not with the code.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby MoboCop » Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:44 pm

I spoke to soon. Still doing it to me.
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby Hardware Junkie » Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:08 pm

Sometimes I get a barrage of ads from Tiger Direct...sometimes none...
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby len444 » Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:20 pm

i left the cookies alone, closed all windows, went to mb.org home page, and not a single pop under window.

perhaps they are going so far as to keep isp #'s- might be a commercial clause? i really don't know why- perhaps hierarchical structure needs to be fine tuned (multiple accesses are seen by their server as multiple accounts- yet it's your access to the server while others are accessing the site? do you have more than one account w/ multiple cookie sets?

other idea is i'm accessing through win2kpro, while you guys (i assume) are accessing through linux? or their is a windows linux translation- if this is babble please correct me!!!!
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby MoboCop » Sun Sep 08, 2002 5:26 pm

I wrote the code to limit the tiger direct pop-up to once per 24 hours.

It seems to work properly from home. I will see if my office computer is still wacky tomorrow.
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby Toby B. » Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:09 am

I am usually opening straight to the forums. I dont really go anywhere else on the site much anymore. When I do go to the main page to get access for MOBOT, I occasionally get the pop-ups. (there are a few days where I vist the main page 3-4 times a night. and then there are times I dont hit the main page for weeks.).....

It would seem that if you are already logged on to the forums, you would not get the pop-ups.... :?

just my two cents
Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby len444 » Mon Sep 16, 2002 6:04 pm

:arrow: haven't seen the tiger direct pop up for a week, still getting another of varying marketing content.
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby MoboCop » Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:21 pm

tiger ad has been removed and I am testing another pop-under provider...not going so well so far though.
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Return to Forum Problems/Errors