Losing my place in the "new post view"

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Losing my place in the "new post view"

Postby Johnny Mnemonic » Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:15 am

This is probably just the way I use this forum more than anything else, but when I enter the site, I check the "View posts since last visit" url to see what's new.

Ok, when I click link to view the new posts, let's say I see 4 pages worth of posts. I check the first one or two, I might open up another browser window to find an url or other relevent data. I view 99% of this forum in one browser window. But the problem comes up after I answer a post, hit the back button to get back to the "new post view" and when I click on a next page number at the bottom, I lose my place. The site reports "no matching posts found" or something similair.

That probably was a load of garble, but for those who are still with me, should I just train my self to open each post into it's own window? I'm not hitting the back button to far to reset my cookie, it just seems it expires sometimes when I'm halfway through the new post list.[/u]
Johnny Mnemonic
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Toby B. » Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:44 am

The site reports "no matching posts found" or something similair.
intermittent problem - it also happens periodically when you veiw unanswered posts.

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Return to Forum Problems/Errors