Which chipset???

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Which chipset is better???

Poll ended at Mon May 27, 2002 8:08 pm

intel
100%
SiS
No votes
AMD
No votes

Total votes : 3

Which chipset???

Postby jmstacey » Sun May 12, 2002 8:08 pm

I'm trying to decide whether to get a intel chipset or a SiS chipset. Help me out here. which one do you think is better??
Last edited by jmstacey on Mon May 13, 2002 8:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jmstacey
Black Belt
Black Belt

Intel VS SIS

Postby Hardware Junkie » Sun May 12, 2002 8:52 pm

Well Intel has been good and stable for almost ever. SIS used to be very crappy, but they have been putting out good chipsets lately. But I have only seen benchmarks...no personal experience...
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby len444 » Mon May 13, 2002 7:05 am

:arrow: :!: :?: how about adding nividia, amd, and via to the chipset list (any others, and add mb to differentiate from vid cards?)???? :!: :?: :!:
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby jimfitz2128 » Sun Aug 04, 2002 5:39 pm

Read about SIS's 645 chipset and be totaly amazed.
jimfitz2128
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby undying fenix » Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:48 am

im sorry you guys are wrong amd kicks ass
Hold that thought.
undying fenix
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby gamepyrate » Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:33 am

Hello Mr. House,
I've been thinking the past few days of what I should centre my paper on, worrying and wondering about if the topics I had would be suitable to discuss in a research paper… Basically all of my ideas centred on me, my life, my problems, my family, my etc. But I wouldn't be able to get any sources on the net or in print if I were to write about myself, which is what/who I am really interested in, so I was wondering if either: A. I should write a paper on some specific aspect/idea(s) of myself that I think would seem interesting, but not have any "sources" to cite; or B. I could write it on something else that I think is interesting. I guess it's really the "boring factor" that matters, and that it'd be conceited to write one on me, and that it wouldn't be as interesting or as professional and scientific as a paper on something material and easy to verify, but I figured that I would shoot the question to you...

If you thought that the best topic to write the paper on would be A. (myself), then read the little explanation below.
Okay I don't think that my life as it stands is worthy of being put in print for an autobiography, or at least one that other people would read, but I'm still a teenager, what can I say: I am intrigued by the littlest, least important aspects of society and life; I think that people care about my problems; and I have my own little individual opinion on the ways of the world, that I think are absolute and above everybody else’s. I, however, have just recently noticed that nothing is absolute and never is anything really anything; that I and every other person in the world are severely limited to our own unique perspective of what is real; that no matter how open-minded we try to be, we can never see the full picture; so now I think it is best that I stop criticizing and judging other people with different views and try to understand everybody’s beliefs because I can now admit that I am not always right. I think that all of the things I listed are also in some way connected to the literature I’ve read, much of which was from your class. So now that I have actually, finally absorbed the ideas that were conveyed in some of the books I’ve read in Junior year, I think that I should ask your opinion on the idea of writing a research paper on myself. I really, really didn’t want to ask that though, because my opinion was that you would just reject it and probably judge me about it, and I would feel bad because it was something that I really wanted to do and could not, but I think I’m over that now. I am okay if you would rather me pick the other option, to write a paper about something else.

Now I don't know that if I were to write it on myself if I should make it personal, as in going in to my past and reviving memories of my suicide attempt, depression, loss of religion, hatred/admiration/detestation/idolization of my father, my infatuation(s) with girls, ideas, my problems, my personality, etc. because maybe that wouldn’t be the most “fun” paper to write or read. But maybe you just want papers that show the kids worked on them and learned from them so that you can see how well you educated them. I can’t really tell what is “educational” in that sense—for most of my Junior year I was off elsewhere, learning about other things. I thought that I wanted to be an author for a while, because I thought I was good at writing, but I don’t think I am actually any more, so I gave that up.

I don't know if I have been in the same English class as the other students, because I got an entirely different perspective of what you have been teaching in the class (or maybe what I think you have been teaching); and I think this year, my junior year of high-school and the only “full” year of high-school I've attended (because I went on independent study for a couple months in freshman and sophomore year because I was afraid of school and people), the school-year 2002-2003, the year I started realizing where I was in life and started thinking about where I wanted to be and what I wanted to learn—I think that this year was enlightening to me in various ways. But, well, I don’t know if it is all thanks to you, or if you assisted in it, or if you started it, or if you even care, or if it is all in my head…

If you thought that the best topic to write the paper on would be B. (something else), then read the little explanation below.
Well, I guess I’m pretty interested in….. I don’t know. I’ll have to think about it some more. I was thinking about doing something like the IB/AP classes were doing, something comparing books and philosophies and stuff, or maybe over religion or something interesting in contemporary society. Maybe over something to the likes of: The importance of oral communication over written communication, and the reasons why society’s biggest downfall is the lack of trust in communication and how it should be improved if we are to live relatively peaceably in a global community. Would that be good? I think that’s almost a paraphrase from a quote I read by Chinua Achebe, or some other author we read about in class. Or maybe I could do it on
gamepyrate
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Return to The Hundred Year War