How about an alphabetic glossary of terms?

For discussions related to the main web site or the forum itself are now combined into one to clean things up a bit..

Postby Hardware Junkie » Mon Aug 12, 2002 2:26 pm

Don't PM MoboCop...he'll kick your butt...

http://www.webopedia.com

The above address will help in alot of computer and internet terms
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Toby B. » Mon Aug 12, 2002 2:33 pm

Hardware Junkie wrote:Don't PM MoboCop...he'll kick your butt...

http://www.webopedia.com

The above address will help in alot of computer and internet terms
Well seems the PM'ing about this subject got delayed and you (hardware junkie) have joined in on the subject. Is there any way possible to get that link to webpedia into a "sticky" so that the newcomers can easily find terms needed?

That site is fantastic. :wink: just what is needed around here to ease on some of the confusion.

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby datektrader21 » Mon Aug 12, 2002 2:43 pm

Hardware Junkie already said he has no real power :P

i was thinking of mobocop and Doc.
Two muffins are baking in an oven. one muffin says to the other,"hey man its getting pretty hot in here" "Holy $%^!@#" the other muffin replys " A talking muffin!" MaximMAg
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby MoboCop » Mon Aug 12, 2002 2:51 pm

I dont want to recreate an encyclopedia site. Webopedia is pretty good. We post more advanced topics in our tech-planations section.

For other terms just ask. That is what this forum is for.

If you need a more detailed covering of a term or topic post a request in the article request forum.

thanks.

ps... why would I kick you butt if you pm me? I just dont want general tech support and mobo id pms...site improvement suggestions and general chatting in my inbox is fine.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby Toby B. » Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:10 pm

I dont want to recreate an encyclopedia site. Webopedia is pretty good. We post more advanced topics in our tech-planations section.
I realize the tech-plantation articles are a great resource. But is it possible to just simple have a "sticky" with the webpedia link.....If this idea is not a good one. I personally am willing to accept PM's, e-mails, etc. for any terminology questions

ps... why would I kick you butt if you pm me? I just dont want general tech support and mobo id pms...site improvement suggestions and general chatting in my inbox is fine.
As stated in the Announcement section (which apparently some people did not read :roll: )

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby MoboCop » Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:40 pm

well again general site questions and suggestions are welcome. The post in announcements forum was due to the fact that people are pming me all the time for mobo id and tech support. Not to mention the 100's of daily emails I get.

Do we really have a need to link to webopedia? Do we get that many terminology questions?

webopedia is owned by internet.com... I try not to support them unless I have to. I get the impression that webopedia is not updated very often (I could be wrong here).
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby datektrader21 » Mon Aug 12, 2002 4:07 pm

mobocop wrote:Not to mention the 100's of daily emails I get.

so that explains why you never responded to my email, btw these html tags do not work very well.
Two muffins are baking in an oven. one muffin says to the other,"hey man its getting pretty hot in here" "Holy $%^!@#" the other muffin replys " A talking muffin!" MaximMAg
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Previous

Return to Motherboards.org Web Site