What features do you use most on Motherboards.org

For discussions related to the main web site or the forum itself are now combined into one to clean things up a bit..

What features do you use most on Motherboards.org

I just use the forums
72%
Mobo ID Tools
No votes
Manufacturer's Database
No votes
MoboCop
No votes
Mobot
No votes
Motherboard Ranking
28%

Total votes : 29

Postby Wyrm73 » Tue Jun 25, 2002 9:43 pm

I have used almost all of the features on this site at one point or another. I do tend to use the forums the most though.

The only suggestion I have I posted earlier in the feature requests about a forum specific to OS problems. Still think that would be a good idea.
Wyrm73
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby wolverineman85 » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:07 pm

I have used all the features pretty much and enjoy them all. I am on the forum most, though.
wolverineman85
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Bitten by the bug.......

Postby redheart » Sun Jul 14, 2002 5:36 am

:D Well here's a qualifying comment. First off, nuff respect to all you hardware freaks, thanx for making it easy to get the grip of the whole shebang, o/c, mods, hardware comparisons etc.
Started using the site for passive info, have just registered because I'm going earthside to start building how I want my computer to be, and giving the kids my old MoBo with an o/c Duron (hopefully 8) ).
Well I just used the MoBot and it correctly identified my ECS mobo, and after reading Aussie's article on mobo i.d., how about adding some links to useful sites - I used the Super Socket 7 site to correctly identify a Chaintech 5AGM2 just by visual id, i.e. opening every damn image file and comparing the layout of transistors, chipset etc. I guess I could have saved a lot of time as the 5AGM2 id is written on the Bios chip :oops: .
We live and learn.
Oh yeah, I think you should expand the section on $%^!@# products, too many shops baffle people with bullshit, free the information...... over and out.
redheart
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Noober » Sun Jul 14, 2002 5:57 pm

I use the forums the most for information, but I also read the mobo reviews.
Noober
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby len444 » Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:39 pm

manufacturers data base and mobo id tools are the first things that got me here from a search engine query (id'd a mb, downloaded jumper settings, and thought that this site was great!).
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby jimfitz2128 » Sun Aug 11, 2002 8:19 pm

I use all of the features of motherboars.org. I mostly use the forums and then the motherboard reviews. As a matter of fact I just bought two motherboards based on reviews here. One is a Soyo P4S-645-DX Ultra Dragon and the other is an Asus P4B 533-E. I was very impressed by the reviews here.
jimfitz2128
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby twixel » Tue Sep 17, 2002 11:36 am

I have an idea that I think would be quite good. A "tip of the day" thread maybe in the technical support forum or somewhere. The point being that if the moderator's or indeed the mere mortal's that use the forum's stumble upon a tip that may be benifical to other forum user's they could post it on this thread, then a little database of top tip's would be built up. It would be sticky of course.

If there already is something on this site like this that ive missed then... :oops: :roll:

Anyway just a thought.
twixel
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Previous

Return to Motherboards.org Web Site