WICKED ASS HELPER FEATURE

For discussions related to the main web site or the forum itself are now combined into one to clean things up a bit..

Postby Zero » Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:27 am

turn on your icq im trying to send you a message
ya i know i suck at typing
Zero
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby MoboCop » Tue Aug 06, 2002 8:57 am

the forums although not real time is a valuable resource for those needing assistance. Not only from posting new messages but from just reading the existing posts.

I would bet that many people never need to register or post a question because they find the answer they need very quickly.

I know that I hit forums all the time and the first thing I do is search for the answer to my problem.

As for a live chat while it might be neat I agree with the instant messenger. You can see who is online and IM them if they provide their im info in their profile.

The purpose of this forum is to create a great archive of mobo related data and to build a community of motherboard enthusiasts.

I have seen recently a mod for this forum that has some chat features. I will look at it and see if it is any good. I would have to say that if the posts were to drop signifigantly due to the chat module that I would probably discontinue it.

Anyway I cannot promise how soon I will look into this but I am adding it to my list of possibles.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby Zero » Tue Aug 06, 2002 5:36 pm

it would be cool to have a chat feature but it gets dumb if the chat rooms are like 200ppl i think its best if its more like an instant messanger like icq but based on motherboard.org
Zero
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby MoboCop » Tue Aug 06, 2002 8:16 pm

instant messenger but hosted here? No. Dont think so.

use the im links in the profiles. that is what they are for. if you dont want to get imed then dont post your im address.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby Toby B. » Tue Aug 06, 2002 8:24 pm

MoboCop wrote: if you dont want to get imed then dont post your im address.
:lol: I guess thats why you dont have an instant messenger link on your profile MoboCop......... :lol: :P

As stated previously in this topic.......I am willing to recieve IM's (wether ICQ or AIM) to assist people as much as I can......

I also provided the links to download AIM and ICQ....

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Zero » Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:08 pm

oh well a chat feature would still be nice
Zero
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby some_random_guy » Sun Aug 11, 2002 12:09 am

I dont know if there is a feature that does this already since I never tried using the pm's or instant messege links on thie site, but there could be an area on the forums or somewhere on this site that tells you who is availible for AIM, MSN. ICQ etc..

Maybe its already here and i just havent opened my eyes, or maybe it would be too hard to do, but i dunno, just an idea
some_random_guy
Initiate
Initiate

Postby datektrader21 » Sun Aug 11, 2002 12:56 am

MoboCop wrote:instant messenger but hosted here? No. Dont think so.

use the im links in the profiles. that is what they are for. if you dont want to get imed then dont post your im address.

Mobocop never wants to give us any of the the fun toys :lol: :P

btw when are we gonna see some new styles?
Two muffins are baking in an oven. one muffin says to the other,"hey man its getting pretty hot in here" "Holy $%^!@#" the other muffin replys " A talking muffin!" MaximMAg
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Zero » Wed Sep 11, 2002 11:19 pm

datektrader21 wrote:
MoboCop wrote:instant messenger but hosted here? No. Dont think so.

Mobocop never wants to give us any of the the fun toys :lol: :P

btw when are we gonna see some new styles?

true true....WE NEED NEW TOYS GIVE ME MORE TOYS DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! joking :lol: :D
Zero
Black Belt
Black Belt

Previous

Return to Motherboards.org Web Site